I have a year's classroom experience, spending time with all ages and abilities and am a patient and nurturing character. I have previously taught English and Mathematics for ages 10 to 15 and am used to focused groups or 1:1.
Retired from a cooperate career to seek rewarding work locally, helping young people to fulfil their potential and putting my English Degree to great use. Keen to focus on reading and writing and to support less able students to inspire confidence.
A highly creative individual with extensive commercial buying experience. Looking to leave a highly cooperate and demanding job role for local, part time work in a Teaching/Tutoring environment. Patient, nurturing and methodical by nature, an English Literature graduate eager to help young students fulfil their potential.
September 2019 – Present: David Phillips Furniture Specialist
• Sourcing furniture ranges worldwide and developing products suitable for the ‘built to rent’ property sector.
• Working across Cabinetry, Upholstery, Lighting, Home Textiles and Appliances.
October 2018 – June 2019: Southchurch High School
• Assisting Teachers across all subjects, ages and abilities.
• Working with small focused groups or 1:1 with SEND students, providing additional attention, coaching and support.
June 2017 – September 2018 (Redundancy): Lombok
• Complete ownership of Lombok’s Buying Department, covering all aspects of product development and sourcing Worldwide.
• Delivered new collections and traded current ranges within Furniture, Upholstery, Lighting and Home Textiles categories.
• Introduced Table top Dining and Bedlinen as entirely new categories alongside new coordinating rugs, cushions and additional hard goods.
• Implemented a Bespoke Made to Order Upholstery offer via a new European sourcing channel, encompassing 12 new shapes and over 200 new fabric options marking a 200% year-on-year growth in Upholstery sales.
• Worked under new Directorship and upheld a pivotal role in the relaunch of the brand and ongoing refinement of the aesthetic in store and online.
Education and Qualifications:
2006-2009 University of Kent at Canterbury
2:1 BA (Joint Honours) English and American Literature and
2004-2006 SEEVIC Sixth Form College, Thundersly, Essex
‘A’ Levels Gained:
English Literature B Spanish B
French C General Studies D
‘AS’ Levels Gained:
1999-2004 Fitzwimarc Comprehensive, Rayleigh, Essex
Double English – AA Spanish - A
Double Science – AA Business Studies - A
Mathematics - A History - B
French – A Religious Education - B
Other Qualifications Gained: I.T. Key Skills – Level 3
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, english literature lessons for all!
Taking creative writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£12||£12|