My teaching method will vary based on the specific student but I plan on using a methodical approach to each topic to ensure we cover the correct information in a fully accessible way. I'm friendly, relaxed and I'll make sure to do my best to go at your speed!
I am a recent English Literature graduate with a strong academic background. I achieve a 2:1 in BA (Hons) English Literature, a B at English Literature A-Level, an A at English Literature GCSE and A* at English Language GCSE. I am highly motivated and enthusiastic in my approach and I'd do my best to ensure that each student does their best possible work.
BA English Literature, University of Reading, 2:1 – September 2016 to July 2019 – Reading, UK
Final Year Background – Dissertation on ‘Violence and Identity in American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis’ for which I achieved a 2:1. I achieved a first in my module Modern American Drama, and a 2:1 in my modules Contemporary American Fiction, Editing the Renaissance and Shakespeare on Film.
Intern with Holland House Books – August 2018 to Present – Reading, UK
• Skills Acquired – Editorial, teamwork, leadership, critical thinking, communication and teaching.
• Manage the editorial responsibilities on the Novella Project.
• Discuss changes to the overall novella with the author and the team and line edited the novella.
• Helped teach a publishing course with Holland House Books at the University of Reading in March 2019.
Co-founder and Editor of The Open Page – June 2018 to Present – Reading, UK
• Skills Acquired – Editorial, critical thinking, social media marketing and teamwork.
• Launched and advertised creative writing competitions, interviews and book reviews using NetGalley.
I managed the flash fiction competition and selected the winners who were then published in our first issue.
Editorial Placement with Literary Review – June 2019 – London, UK
• Skills Acquired – Research, editorial, critical thinking and presentation of my opinion.
• I completed tasks including formatting, fact checking and correcting book reviews using proofreading symbols.
• I chose the winners for the June crossword puzzle and organised the original proof articles into the running order in advance of the July issue.
• I helped to select which fiction books will be reviewed in future issues.
Marketing Placement with University of Wales Press – January and June 2019 – Cardiff, UK
• Skills Acquired – Microsoft Office, working within GDPR guidelines, research and social media marketing using Hootsuite.
• Created press releases, review lists and mailing lists based on the marketing plan.
• Advertised the summer marketing promotion of slow selling books using Hootsuite to write scheduled tweets which generated revenue through sales on their website.
News Editor for The Spark Newspaper – January 2018 to October 2018 – Reading, UK
• Skills Acquired – Microsoft Word, editorial, teamworking, leadership, InDesign, Photoshop.
• Found writers for articles in the student newspaper.
• Used InDesign and Photoshop when designing the layout of the News section.
Work experience with Paper + Ink – April 2018 – London, UK
• Skills Acquired – Excel, communication and report writing.
• Organised spreadsheets for the marketing of their translated texts.
• Worked at the London Book Fair 2018 distributing market focus texts.
• Used my experience at Paper + Ink to write my placement report for ‘The Business of Books’ second year module, for which I achieved a 2:1 grade.
Social Media Intern with the University of Reading English Literature Department – February to March 2018 – Reading, UK
• Skills Acquired – Social media marketing and communication.
• Managed the social media platforms for the English Literature department for two weeks.
• Advertised the department to prospective new students by sharing my experience as a student.
Work experience with Intellect Books – December 2016 – Bristol, UK
• Skills Acquired – Excel.
• I used my skills with Excel to record journal subscriptions and assisted with royalties for one week.
AWARDS AND COMITTEES
• I am a member of the Society of Young Publishers.
• ‘Best Media Newcomer’ for the RUSU Student Media Awards 2018 for my role as News Editor on The Spark committee.
• Professional Track award, (including courses on publishing, journalism, social media marketing, and assertiveness).
• RED (Reading Experience and Development) volunteering award.
• Student Impact Network which discussed changes in the Literature and Languages department to benefit both staff and students.
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, english literature lessons for all!
Taking essay writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|