I can offer GCSE, A-Level and undergraduate lessons in English Literature (and language) as well as Art History.
- I am patient and maintain 'active listening' in all of my lessons
- I am also pretty rigorous, and I like setting students ambitious work to make them feel capable
- I tailor my lessons to each student's needs
- We'll start with a free introduction lesson to make sure we get on well
- I'll take notes to ascertain what kind of help I can offer
- We'll schedule in a certain number of lessons and I'll provide written reports after each lesson to help assess progress
- I will set regular work for students to complete
- At the end of the set number of sessions students will complete a test and a survey to check how far they've come and how they've enjoyed the experience
I graduated last year with a 1st Class degree in English Literature and Art History. I have given private lessons before as a volunteer at Bright Young Things, and also online. Not to mention I have a little sister who is my student guinea pig! She's my saving grace and I regularly help her with her work or enlist her in the planning of my lessons. She helps me keep in touch with the needs of secondary school students as well as the challenges they may face.
- Achieved First Class Honours in English Literature and Art History from The University of Manchester
- Awarded the John Jump Prize for best overall performance in English Literature (2018)
- Awarded the Thomas Maguire Prize for Medieval Studies (2019)
- Currently undergoing an Internship with Stop Climate Chaos Scotland on their Climate Fringe Project
- I am a co-editor for a small publishing collective
- I have over 4 years experience working in hospitality and retail
- I have tutored English Literature online in 2019 to a GCSE student
- I have volunteered with Bright Young Things offering tutoring for 11+ students
Incredibly bright, imaginative and an all round lovely person. If anyone could help you think outside the box, it's Eva
I have known Eva for four years and have worked side by side with her in an arts collective we set up together. She is fully committed and fiercely loyal to everything she applies herself to. Eva is an incredibly dedicated person, always giving her time and resources to others and I can vouch fully she would be an excellent tutor.
Eva has always been dedicated to her studies, but English literature has always stood above the rest. Her passion for her subject is clear in everything she does and this passion naturally translates into inspiring others. Additionally, she is an individual that thrives in helping others succeed. There are few others I would recommend as highly for the role of a tutor.
I have known Eva for over 9 years, during which we have been friends, study partners and colleagues on a number of occasions! I am delighted to provide a recommendation for Eva as a trustworthy tutor.
Eva is confident, very personable and attaining a First Class Honours only points to her dedication and commitment. Eva conducts herself in a professional manner and her intelligence, aptitude and capability shine through. Eva has demonstrated patience and initiative and as such, proven to be capable often in pressurised situations - I am sure the same level of diplomacy and strong work ethic will apply to her tutoring role.
Eva will always go above and beyond, and I’ve no doubt will always strive for the best for her students!
art history lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£10|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£50|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£100|