My approach to teaching is one of patience and encouragement. I carefully prepare for every lesson prior to its delivery, always being mindful of keeping open a space for the individual needs of each student.
I have recently graduated from the University of Liverpool with a Masters degree in English Literature, which followed on from me gaining a first class honours as an undergraduate in the same subject. I am new to to offering lessons - as such, I am incredibly enthusiastic about the prospect of helping others realise their potential in a subject I am passionate about.
I am a diligent and positive individual who is both hard-working and reliable. The qualifications I have acquired since returning to education in 2015 reflect my capacity to reach a high-level of attainment. In 2018 I completed an English degree with first class honours, and in 2019 I gained a Masters degree in the same subject. The standards I set for myself are reflected in the grades I received: and are testament to my ability for careful planning and organisation. During my five years of study I was also in employment as a hackney cab driver, gaining invaluable experience in dealing with the general public. Combining work, study, and family life during this period has been a great challenge, but it is one in which I have learned a great deal about my capabilities. In summary, I am an outgoing person who enjoys being in the company of others, believing it is important to always conduct myself with patience and understanding. Added to this, my writing and presentation skills are of the highest quality, having been developed considerably across five years of working with the general public and studying English at university.
• Methodical and prudent in approach to work, with meticulous attention to detail.
• Masters level literacy skills.
• Ability to remain calm and emotionally resilient when dealing with difficult and challenging situations.
• Enjoy working with others, contributing positively with a supportive, collaborative approach to
peoples’ opinions and ideas.
• Able to work within deadlines toward specified targets; effective caseload working; flexible with work routines.
University of Liverpool
BA Honours, English, *First Class
University of Liverpool
Access to Higher Education Diploma (Humanities), *Distinction
The City of Liverpool College
BTEC National Diploma in Information Technology Applications
Knowsley Community College
Seven GCSE’s at grade C and above, including Maths and English
NVQ Level 2 in Road Passenger Vehicle Driving (Taxi and Private Hire)
Taxi Driver/Owner (Hackney)
September 2014 - present
• Conducting all aspects of taxi driving in a respectful and responsible manner.
• Adhering professionally to the appropriate safeguarding of the general public whilst travelling in a licensed vehicle.
• Carrying out contracted account work, ranging from schools to the NHS.
• Financial management, as well as operating emerging financial and transportation technologies.
• Extensive knowledge of local landmarks and road system.
April 2012 - September 2014
• Organising various music and comedy events around the North West of England.
• Acting as mediator between artists and venues.
• Various aspects of sound engineering.
• Introducing artists on stage whilst hosting events in venues ranging in capacity from 100 to 2000.
Building Site Worker
February 2007 – September 2012
• General building and maintenance work in council homes around the Sefton area.
• Removing, decorating and helping to install kitchen and bathroom units and décor.
• Always being respectful and attentive to residents whilst working in and around their homes.
I currently live with my long-term partner and our two children (Eva and Molly) in Liverpool. Both my family and my love of literature were factors in me returning to education at the age of 33. I also enjoy sport and like to keep fit - endeavouring to engage in outdoor activities whenever time and weather permit.
References available on request
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, english literature lessons for all!
Taking creative writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|