My name is Eleanor and I am a top A-Level student at Wycombe Abbey School. I am currently studying English Literature, Spanish and Religious Studies but my true passion is English Literature, though I love to teach the language too. I would like to tutor children GCSE level or below during the school holidays or weekends in literature and language to prepare them for exams.
I have thus far only taught my relatives (my brother, who is taking his GCSE exams, and my cousin, who is doing Common Entrance at 11+), though I am extremely motivated and confident I will be capable of tutoring, and wish to gain experience.
If student is located outside of an area which is able to be reached by using an Oyster card, I would like for the travel cost to be covered.
- Wycombe Abbey School Prefect (Junior House)
- Poet Laureate of Wycombe Abbey
- Level 1 Sports Leader Award completed summer 2015
- Bronze Duke of Edinburgh award completed summer 2015
- Emily Davis Cup for U15 most improved lacrosse player 2014
- Cameo Cup for drama 2013
- Victrix Ludorum Award for athletics 2013
- Honorary scholar at Newton Prep School 2008-2011
- Student at Newton Prep School 2004- 2011
- Student at Wycombe Abbey School 2011- Present
- 11 A* grades achieved at GCSE in English Literature, English Language, Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Spanish, French, Religious Studies, Geography and Physical Education
- Have been taking termly courses at The Poetry School, the most recent being in making poetry from the news
6th FORM PLANS
- Remaining at Wycombe Abbey School for 6th form study
- Taking A-Levels in Spanish, English Literature and Religious Studies as well as AS Critical Thinking
- Organising Young Enterprise, learning entrepreneurial skills
PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE
- 1 week work experience at Olswang International Madrid in media, technology and communication law
- 3 weeks working as a sports coach at The Academies Hampstead coaching children aged 4-11
- 1 week structured law course at Bird & Bird LLP specialising in sports law
- Volunteering at sporting events as part of Sports Leaders qualification (Level 1 and 2)
- Horizons, a swimming coaching session for disabled young people
- 1st U18 Football Team
- 1st U18 Cross Country Squad
- 1st U17 Athletics Squad
- 2nd U18 Lacrosse Team
- U16B Netball Team
- 1st Team for all House Sporting events
- Sport, in particular running, football and lacrosse
- Giving and watching lectures
- Reading and writing poetry
- Drama (Have been involved in many plays, such as Richard III in the Shakespeare’s School’s Festival (2014) and Esmerelda (2015) and The Rise and Fall of Little Voice (2016), and am to be involved in a student directed play this October)
- Caledonian Society Chairlady (Scottish Reeling, arranging balls and teaching dances to men and women) since September 2016
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest written comprehension - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - english lessons for all!
Taking written expression - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£20|