I believe it`s very important to understand how people approach learning. Everyone learns differently. I like to understand a pupils strengths through looking at how they learn (Visual, Auditory and Kinaesthetic (VAK)). I take the information I learn and find the best way to adapt teaching/learning. I use a holistic approach.
I educate pupils in the local area around Plymouth on a daily basis. I specialize in learning difficulties and disabilities (ASD, ADHD, Asperses etc.).
Apart from classroom teaching and tutoring I've also been a curriculum coordinator for people with ASD. The role involved designing a unique syllabus/curriculum and managed a group of educators.
I have over 10 year’s main stream teaching experience in a classroom environment and five years as a tutor/specialist. I’ve taught Music, English, Science, Maths, Art and Primary (KS 1 - 5). I`ve run my own department. As I’m also a musician I’ve taught guitar, cello, violin, keyboards and music theory. I use many different approaches to encourage development. When you see someone understand, learn and expand it is (in my opinion) fantastic.
I’m experienced in working with SEN. I`ve achieved excellent results with pupils with specific learning difficulties and behavioural problems. My experiences in this area are in Down syndrome, dyslexia dyspraxia, ADHD, Asperger's, ASD, verbal dyspraxia and sensory processing disorder. I’ve also taught pupils with cerebral palsy deafness and visual acuity problems. I`ve completed a basic sign language course & RPM for ASD. I did this so I could communicate with pupils without relying on a teaching assistant to translate for them/me.
Whilst in schools my history of success with Ofsted is good/outstanding. I`m committed to improving pupil/personal development with whatever approach works best for you.
I`m available week days, weekends and also during the holidays. I believe it`s important to get to know each other first and set out achievable future goals.
Thank you very much for reading my profile.
Continue to produce consistent & successful teaching in any area or location. To help and improve the community I live in and continue to improve my teaching ability.
2008-Sept 2011: University of Hull
Lower Second Class Honours (2:2) BMus
Performance 1 & 2
Composition 1 & 2 – (at 2.1 upper second)
Ensemble 1 & 2
Orchestration Arrangement – (at 2.1 upper second)
Computer technology Cubase Sibalius Mac & PC
Personal Compositional Project - final year.
Compose an ensemble of classical instruments (sextet) which is fully orchestrated, scored & performed on stage. Structure includes aspects of minimalism, retrograde & Rondo.
1995-1997: Kidderminster Collage
A Level Music
Btec Level 3 Preforming Arts
1988-1993: Ridgewood High School
5 GCSEs grade C and above including English, Mathematics and Science
Qualifications, abilities & Technical Skills:
ABRSM Grade 8 Violoncello
ABRSM Grade 5 Music Theory
Grade 5 ability: Classical and Electric Guitar
Grade 5 ability: Violin
Grade 5 ability: Piano Conduction Ensembles/Orchestra’s
Website management and Design
Microsoft Office & Visual software
Advanced compositional software
Computer design refit and construction
September 2016 – Current (Private Tutor)
• Teaching pupils in the local area core subjects (English, Maths, Physics, Biology & Chemistry) KS2-5.
• Using V.A.K approach to teaching/learning.
• Other subjects taught: SEN, ASD, Cello, Violin and Guitar.
February 2017 – November 2017 (three hours a day, seven days a week).
Curriculum Leader - ASD, SPD & Verbal Dyspraxia bespoke (Warrington Council)
Co-ordinating a team of educators/instructors a bespoke syllabus for an ASD approach to teaching/Learning.
• Main role - to write a curriculum tailor made for pupils with Autism (2017 -2019). To use a cross curriculum approach to maximize personal development over a 24/7 learning week.
• Weekly meetings, Observations & record/tracking. Continual development over the course of the year.
September 2014 – 2017 – Personal Tutor (Just Teachers)
Teaching pupils one to one KS3 – KS4.
• Pupils would either have learning disorders or behavioural problems.
• Connecting with pupils, finding how they learn best and sorting a scheme of work to suit.
• Teaching in schools music to individuals or small groups.
September 2013 – July 2014 – Music Teacher
Supply teaching in schools in the Lincolnshire area across Primary and Secondary Schools
• February 2014-May 2014 - Jack Hunt School – Music Instructor
• May 2014-July 2014 – St Georges Academy – Music Instructor
September 2012 – August 2013 - Old Clee Primary School, Grimsby
Teaching at key stage 1 & 2 (year 2 & 6)
• End of year performance was a regional schools event performed at Grimsby Auditorium. Staying on task and enriching pupils learning experience. Modernized the classroom environment.
• Used different learning techniques to help pupils struggling to understand concepts on music.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£20|