My teaching methodology is to ensure that the student will be able to do the work themselves going forward. I will go through questions step by step and illicit the answers from the student once the steps are small enough for the student to answer each step.
I have been giving full time one on one English language courses every summer since 2014 for a tuition company. I have been teaching GCSE and A level Maths and science lessons part time during the rest of the year and am now hoping to do it full time.
Many of my students have gone from struggling to get a C to getting an A in their exam. Many of my students parents have found me from word of mouth but I have recently moved from Bristol to London so starting my client base again.
I have a degree in law which I completed recently and did a physics degree at UCL.The summer courses I gave also included looking after young students who lived at my house during the course.
University of Law: September 2016 – May 2019;
- LLB 3-year honours degree in Law; Upper second (2:1).
International House, Bristol: September-October 2014;
- Trinity certificate in teaching English as a foreign Language.
University College London: October 2009 - May 2012;
- Completed first two years of Astrophysics MSci course.
Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Bristol: June 2008;
- A-level: Mathematics A, Physics B, Psychology B.
- June 2007 AS-Level: Theatre Studies B.
- June 2006; GCSE: 9 grades: 2 A*s, 4 As, 3 Bs.
Legal Work Experience
Referns solicitors: 11th November – 12th December 2019.
I worked as a paralegal where I drafted more than a dozen Wills, compiled estate accounts, drafted instructions to council and produced memorandum’s on complex cases with outstanding issues. I also accompanied the instructed barrister by the firm to court and kept a detailed written account of the entire court case. I also performed many office duties including filing and administration. I had to leave as the Wills and probate department hired and a new solicitor which eliminated the need for a paralegal.
Although my performance review was excellent.
Bristol Law centre: June - August 2019.
Avon & Bristol Law Centre’s Legal Advocacy Support Project (LASP). Where I support people with disabilities who are undergoing Employment Support Allowance and Personal Independence Pay-ment appeals to the First-tier Tribunal. My responsibilities include: Reviewing the papers in each case, meeting with claimants to discuss their cases, producing various legal documents (such as witness statements and written submissions), contacting medical and support professionals for further evidence and I may be called to represent claimants in their hearings.
Living Learning English: March 2015 - Present day (During the summer and Easter breaks);
English Teacher: Taught advanced English grammar structures with deep linguistic understanding. Have been the responsible adult for the well-being of young learners as they are accommodated at my own home. Reports from students have been glowing without exception. Reports and other paperwork completed with diligence, demonstrating and clerical organisational skills.
Private Tutoring: November 2014 – June 2018;
Independently tutoring maths and physics at GCSE and A-level and taught an after-school club of primary school age children. This is often done in the evenings around my law degree work. Built a very strong rapport with students, many of which are very shy and lack confidence. This helped maintain mathematical skills gained from previous study and demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills, as well as time management by organising it around my own academic work.
Other professional experience:
MONDAQ: August 4th – December 2nd 2018;
Indexer and Editor: Duties included reading articles written by world leading lawyers in a wide variety of expert fields and categorising them down to every sub-topic accurately and in detail before publishing. MONDAQ are a legal publisher for law firms in the UK, US and across the globe. Contracted for 3 months to cover for a transition period, I remained for 4 months however, with extremely positive performance reviews.
Other experience and Attributes
• Since starting at the university of law I have become president of the debating and public speaking society and after being vice-president last year. I have also reached the semi-final of the university mooting competition. Obtained the Westlaw advanced certificate and co-chaired the social committee which organised the Winter ball.
• In 2015, a two-hour stage play I wrote was performed as a staged reading at Rada, which was performed as a full production the following year in Bristol.
• Have pitched the storylines of my screenplays to major film industry executives and received script requests and very positive feedback about my screenwriting from industry leading production companies such as the producers of Netflix’s ‘The Crown’.
• Was founding president of the UCL golf society and team, helping to organise matches and practise sessions. Previous to that, I represented Gloucestershire at all Junior age groups and was the captain of the under 14s and 18s; furthermore, I represented Gloucestershire at men’s level when still a junior in a county match. I was also captain of the Junior section of my golf club, representing the club at many formal events.
vocabulary - english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest esol (english) lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
Taking business english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|