I’m a qualified ESOL/TEFL teacher with over 6 years’ experience teaching young learners to adults, with a wide range of abilities, from beginner to advanced.
I offer warm and friendly lessons, in Manchester or worldwide through skype, to help you develop your English reading, writing, speaking, listening and communication skills. My lessons are very lively with a lot of variety, using different teaching and learning methods, adapted to meet learner’s individual needs.
I speak English, Portuguese, Italian and Spanish, so I know what it takes to learn a new language.
I’m passionate about my chosen profession and I love to share my interest in languages and cultures
I qualified as a TEFL (CELTA) teacher in 2012, and I just finished a PGCE (Postgraduate Certificate in Education) with ESOL as my subject, and I’m now doing a Master degree in English and Applied linguistics.
I have been teaching as a ESOL Tutor for the Talk English Project for the last 5 years and also taught at the Salford City College for one year. These experiences have helped me to develop my style and skills as an ESOL/TEFL teacher. As a result, I have the necessary experience working with students of different backgrounds, in groups and one-on-one, planning and successfully delivering lessons that consider and meet individual needs.
My lessons are very lively with a lot of variety, including the use of worksheets, games, the internet, learning apps such as Kahoot, and a lot of communication, which I believe is of vital importance in helping learners to achieve their goals.
Because learners have different objectives and learning needs, I use the most suitable techniques and apply the most appropriate methodology for that learner’s specific objectives, learning style and context. As a result, I use a mix of language learning methodologies such as:
• Communicative Language Teaching: interaction, authentic communication and negotiating meaning, understanding of English through active interaction; role play, games, information gaps;
• Content-based and Task-based: content based on relevance to students’ lives: topics, tasks, problem-solving;
• and PPP: Present, Practice, Produce: students presented with a grammatical concept, students practice the grammatical concept in context, and then students produce the language on their own.
The use different teaching styles and learning strategies, allows me to motivate, challenge and set goals to all students, giving them the chance to excel in all areas of the ESOL curriculum.
I have helped students pass exams, improve their English skills to find work and further their education,
Education and Qualifications
2017 – 2019 English Language and Applied Linguistics MA University of Huddersfield
2016 – 2017 Lifelong Learning PGCE University of Huddersfield
2014 Level 3 Award in Education and Training Manchester Adult Education Service
2012 TESOL (CELTA) Certification Manchester Academy of English
2004 -2007 BSc (Hons) Business Information Technology University of Salford
Salford City College Further education college - teaching ESOL classes of different levels.
• Teaching the ESOL curriculum, Numeracy and ICT.
• Responsible for developing lesson plans to ensure compliance with curriculum best practice and meet the college quality targets.
• In control of individually planning and differentiation of learning outcomes and materials to meet student needs.
• Devised, prepared and carried out formative assessment to evaluate student’s progress and improved students' classroom performance with one-on-one tutoring.
• Prepared students for exams and oral presentations in classes
Talk English Project - Manchester Adult Education Service, four years of volunteer work with mix level learners.
• Developed curriculum, including lectures, reading materials, and tests; improved students' classroom performance with one-on-one tutoring.
• Supervised diagnostic assessment and responsible for enrolment of learners
• Developed reading, writing, speaking and listening skills in students aged 16 to adults.
• Created and taught relevant lessons focusing on building fluency.
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, written comprehension - english lessons for all!
Taking oral comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£16|
|5 hours||Not available||£80||£80|
|10 hours||Not available||£150||£160|