I have previously worked teaching a range of different ages and abilities English. From beginner's to advanced and from 7-70 years old so my approach really varies depending on level and age of the student.
For instance I use a lot of games when teaching my youngest students but usually base lessons for adults around engaging themes from current affairs and often use real life sources as examples for vocabulary, grammar and fluency.
I intend to assess the best way of improving each student based on their weaknesses. I will go through any assignments with students and work on mistakes, provide tuition, practice and feedback on oral work and take any suggestions of areas to work on.
I think that tutoring relies on being a good listener to work out the needs of each individual student. Lessons should be tailored to those needs. Lessons should also be relaxed and fun to encourage the student to foster a love of learning which will stand them in good stead for a life time.
I have been teaching English as a foreign language for around 3 years now. I have taught around 500 children and teenagers total in classes of varying sizes. I have also taught a class of 10 adults in various professions. Some of whom were at the beginning of their careers and others who were retired.
I have seen students I taught in schools achieve better grades in their German A Level equivalents and seen children I taught in less formal environments grow hugely in confidence and ability in a matter of weeks. I am sure that this will stand them in good stead not only for their exams but also for their future as citizens of an increasingly global world.
2016 Undergraduate Degree: University of Nottingham: German and Russian BA 2:1
2012 A levels: French [A] German [B] Biology [C] AS level: Art and Design [C]
2010 GCSEs: 2A*s, 6As, 2Bs, 1C.
Russian (C1/ advanced)
German (C2/advanced- near native)
French (B2 upper intermediate)
Serbian (A2/B1 beginner/ lower intermediate)
01/2017 - current
Cover Supervisor working day to day supply:
I cover lessons of teachers who are unavailable to teach in various schools around London. This requires the ability to bond effectively with students and work out what they need from me quickly in order to help them learn effectively.
07/2015 Language Link Camp Counsellor and English Teacher
At summer camp in Anapa, Russia I was both a counsellor and English teacher for two groups of 9-10 teenagers (aged 14-18).
● Responsible for planning my own lessons and delivering them with minimal equipment.
● Arranged games and activities for the children and guided and directed them in devising 5 performances in English over the course of each session.
09/2014- 02/2015 Foreign Language Assistant with German Pedagogical Exchange Service
In a state school in Baden-Württemberg, Germany my duties included:
● Coaching final year students preparing for their oral examinations
● Team teaching alongside a class teacher
● Leading classes in drama activities to aid reading comprehension.
I worked with all teachers within the English department and learned to adapt to different working techniques and expectations.
06/2014-07/2014 Robin Hood Summer Camp Counsellor
● Responsible for looking after, encouraging and engaging a group of 24 teenagers alongside a partner for 6 weeks in the Moscow area.
● Supervising children during quiet time, encouraging them in activities and choreographing dances and performances.
● Entrusted with training two new staff from Egypt and China, working as a English/Russian translator explaining tasks they needed to perform.
09/2012- 06/2014 Student Ambassador
Represented the university to prospective students at open days and language days
● Listened to their questions and providing them with information and reassurance.
● Used my friendly manner and confidence to interact with nervous sixth form students and calm their nerves and enthuse them over their prospects.
Passionate about learning and teaching especially languages. Creative approach. Reliable and patient.
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, written comprehension - english lessons for all!
Taking oral comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|