My tutoring style is individual and tailored to the students level, needs, and goals. The ADC ethos is 'Confidence, wellbeing and positivity, through dance'. Wether you're a young performer prepping for that vocational school audition, a total beginner wanting a confidence boost, or just an inquisitive mind looking to further your understanding or focus on a new style... Drop me a message detailing what you're after and we will endeavour to make it happen!
I am professionally trained in Ballet, Contemporary, Jazz, Musical Theatre dance and Tap, as well as theatrical disciplines. I have 8 years experience teaching both adults and children, and the ability to teach dance from a technical and theatrical perspective. I also run a non-profit community organisation, Action Dance Collective - a team of fabulous, flexible and experienced teachers ready to help out should you need further assistance or wider availability whilst giving back to the community. I generally teach in and around North London but am happy to discuss travelling to a space near you. Lessons can be booked at any time of the week to suit you, with 24h cancellation please.
Tutor fee is £35/hour. This includes travel time or online service, though is not inclusive of studio hire. Reduced rate studio hire can be arranged should you require. 24h Cancellation please.
- MA Music Theatre (Distinction) from Royal Central School of Speech and Drama, including
Thesis on Laban Movement for Actors
- 1st Class BA Hons Professional Dance and Musical Theatre from Urdang Academy
- Level 2 CYQ Exercise to Music Instruction
- Northern School of Contemporary Dance CAT Scheme
Current teaching roles:
- Principal of ADC Stars School of Performing Arts
Planning and running of classes and events, show preparations, writing and choreography of show
materials, examination entries, arranging teachers & venues, teaching of ballet, tap, modern &
musical theatre for ages 2-16, marketing & administration, pastoral care. ((concealed information)
- Founder and teacher at Actor’s Dance Collective
Liaising with clients, teachers and venues to create, plan and execute events, workshops and
private tutoring in line with the ADC ethos of inclusivity, wellbeing and positivity through movement
tuition. Facilitating beginner up to vocational dance and movement sessions in a range of styles.
- Private Dance & Acting tutor
Planning and delivering 1 to 1 lessons in line with students’ goals, needs and ability level.
Successfully achieving high pass rates in examination preparation and places at top vocational
institutions as well as assisting complete beginners and those returning from injury or illness in
achieving personal goals.
- Early Stages Musical Theatre teacher at Stagecoach Romford
Planning, preparation and delivery of Musical Theatre sessions for ages 4-6, show preparation,
report writing and pastoral care.
- Tap, Music Theory - beginner to intermediate level
- Ballet, Jazz, Contemporary, Dance conditioning, Singing - beginner to pre-vocational level
- Acting, Acting Through Song - beginner to vocational level
Previous teaching roles:
- 2016-18 Dance teacher at Zone 3 Dance
- 2016-2017 Children’s entertainer at
- 2017-19 Art teacher at ArtBarn
- 2016 Performing Arts Teacher/facilitator for
- 2014-2016 Drama teacher at Sense Theatre
- 2015-2017 Dance teacher at Lets All Dance
- 2014-2016 Musical Theatre teacher at
- 2014 Drama/dance/music teacher at
- 2014-2015 Fitness instructor at the
- Experienced theatre practitioner
- Full Clean Driving Licence
- Enhanced DBS certification
- First Aid qualification
- Infection Control in a Childhood setting
- PLI insurance
- Advanced Flute
- Advanced Music Theory
- Articulate, presentable, good communicator,
highly efficient, reliable & creative.
Perfect! Very Professional
Lizzie is a brilliant tutor. She has incredible knowledge and understanding in a variety of dance styles, makes you feel comfortable and inspires confidence.
Lizzie is an incredible teacher. She is highly intelligent, highly skilled and super creative. She always approaches teaching with such an inventive and personal approach. She’s also super organised and caring. You won’t find a better teacher!!
dance lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest contemporary dance lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, modern dance lessons for all!
Taking ballet lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£35||£35|