My teaching method is to teach by demonstration from first principles how a solution to a problem is achieved. Working through example problems is the best way to get an approach across to a student. I prefer for the student to demonstrate his capability to resolve a problem.
I have worked for over 50 years in Manufacturing, mainly Automotive but also Aerospace and Ni-Cad Battery Manufacture, as an engineer, lead engineer, Production & Project Manager. I have also taught young engineers at BTEC level Engineering at several Technical Colleges.
A self-motivated and progress-driven Project Manager with extensive experience in the Manufacturing industry. With a long-standing record of initiative and innovation, I have developed and executed strategies that will bring value to any company.
Throughout the course of my career, I have honed my abilities in project management and project reporting. I am an astute problem-solver capable of prioritizing and managing complex projects with proficiency.
In my current role, I exercise skills in communication, leadership and schedule and timeline management and consistently contribute to team efforts and organisational improvements. I have proven to be effective and motivational, with proficiency in planning and collaborative work. I enjoy brainstorming and coordinating efforts to achieve a common goal
DMS CERT & DIPLOMA, 1979 - 1981
IMS CERT & DIPLOMA, 1976 - 1979
ONC & HNC Mechanical Engineering, 1969 – 1973
C & G 7302 & 7407 Pt 1 TEACHER TRAINING, 2004 - 2006
2007 - 30 hours Teaching BTEC National Engineering @ Wolverhampton City College
2005 - 22 hours Teaching BTEC National Engineering @ Dudley Tech College
- Project Managed the facilitisation of the new AML DBX Site in St. Athan within budget and timing targets
- PM'd the Installation of the X760 BIW Line additions for COMAU at JLR Castle Brom. within budget and timing targets
- PM'd the relocation of the AML Rapide Mfg. from Graz (Magna-Steyr) back to the West Midlands exceeding budget and timing targets
- PM'd the provision of Vista EV Gliders from TATA Motors, Pune to TMETC Integration Hub in Ansty, Coventry, against all odds
- Project Management to achieve budget and timing Targets
- Leadership and communication (Teams up to 25 members)
- Layout design and review through to stakeholder approval
- Managing multiple teams of Subcontractors through to completion
- Creating Equipment specs, supplier selection & procurement
- Budgetary control
- Project reporting and Senior Management Presentations
Facilities Project Manager
Aston Martin – Design & Creation of the St Athan DBX Facility
Feb 2016 - to date
Comau – X760 BIW installation onto the X260 Body Line at JLR, CB
April 2015 - Jan 2016
NPI Project Manager
Gestamp Tallent – PM for all the JLR products at Cannock site
Nov 2014 - Mar 2015
Facilities Project Engineer
Aston Martin – PM'd relocation of Rapide from Graz to UK and the Insourcing of several BO alum parts
July 2011 – Nov 2014
Principal Manufacturing Engineer – Electric Vehicles
TMETC – Provision of Vista EV Gliders from Tata Motors, Pune to Integration Hub in Coventry (30+ trips to Pune)
Aug 2008 - July 2011
PD / PMST Project Engineer
JLR – managing the delivery of glasshouse & Lids Subsystem parts.
Jun 2008 - Aug 2008
Manufacturing Project Engineer
Tesla Motors – Mfg. Engineering the Tesla Roadster at Hethel, Lotus
Jun 2007 - May 2008
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking chemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£30||£30|