My teaching method is to create individualised, fun but practical lessons that focus on the student's own learning ability. I embed the theory within the work whilst also making sure the student feels its okay to make mistakes -that's the way we all learn and make real progress, as well as build confidence.
I am a Music PGCE secondary level (ks3-4) qualified teacher who has also taught music in primary and Special Needs. Recently, I have also been teaching the core subjects in primary schools (maths, english etc) and i'm available for extra tuition. Gigged in many different types of bands across London.
24 hr cancellation period otherwise payment would be expected.
I have recently been working in a long-term supply role teaching ks3 music in a mixed secondary school in Harrow. I started as their NQT (and since completed my first term) but due to financial reasons, the school’s preliminary offer of a permanent role had to change as they are no longer going to teach music from September. As such, I am looking for a permanent position in a school where I can continue my NQT year as well as further develop my skills and pedagogy. Previous to my time there, I have also had a number of different supply teaching roles, including teaching ks1-2 music as well as other subjects at primary schools. I have worked as a teaching assistant for 4 years prior to my PGCE course in an outstanding Special Needs School. Throughout my work experience and training, I have gained the ability to work responsibly and professionally in a busy and stimulating environment. I am an excellent communicator and timekeeper, have no problem meeting deadlines and I am a fast learner with excellent personal skills.
PERSONAL STATEMENT AVAILABLE ON REQUEST
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Post Graduate Certificate in Education in Music. Middlesex University, Oct.2016-June 2017
• BMus Popular Music Performance -Guitartech Institute, Thames Valley University. 2004-2007. Grade 2:2.
• Professional Music Foundation Programme (1-year Diploma) -Guitartech Institute, TVU. 2002-2003.
• A-Levels: Politics-B, Art-A and Geography-D. St. Dominic’s Sixth Form College, Harrow-on-the Hill. 1999-2001
• 9 A-C G.C.S.E passes. (English Language -B, English Literature –A, Maths –C, Science Double Award –B/B) Gunnersbury Catholic School, Brentford. 1994-1999. Completed the Bronze Duke of Edinburgh Award.
• Canon’s High School: long term music teacher supply position -responsibilities included planning, delivery and assessment of different schemes of work, organising and maintaining the music rooms and equipment, liaising with peripatetic music teachers, attending training and meetings within the creative arts department, parents evening and GCSE options evenings. Also, responsible for my yr.10 form group. Dec.2018 -April 2019
• Supply teaching: working mainly for Engage Education Agency, teaching across Primary to some secondary age groups in a variety of schools. Also including a term at Elmgrove Primary school, teaching ks1-2 music. Sept. 2017 onwards
• PGCE year: worked at Copthall girls’ school and Islington Arts and Media secondary schools, teaching Music from years 7 to 11 (KS 3 to 4). Oct. 2016 -June 2017.
• Swiss Cottage SEN School. Position: Teaching assistant.
Duties included: assisting within my own class as well as within the music department, participating in class trips and working with specific year groups/specific levels of need, preparing worksheets/resources and instruments, also working with small groups of students. Also, aided in other creative arts projects -drama, dance and art clubs. Sept. 2012-July 2016.
• Quest Diagnostics. Clinical Laboratory Services. Position: Full-time Specimen Processor. Duties included: entering data into the laboratory computer systems in an accurate and precise manner, resolving and the completion of various data related issues, receiving/handling samples. Sept 2009- Aug. 2012.
REFERENCES AVAILABLE ON REQUEST.
Information Technology Skills
I am proficient in using Microsoft Word, Excel and competent on SIMs as well as specific music software -Garageband, Reason, Cubase, Sibelius.
Throughout my degree, workplace experience and one-to-one guitar tuition my organisational skills have improved as well as having developed confidence in expressing ideas. During the past year and a half doing supply work as well as during my PGCE training year, I have continued to build on the many different skills that I first started to develop working as a teaching assistant. I have found these experiences personally rewarding and would be grateful to be given the opportunity to build upon my knowledge and progress in a teaching role.
guitar lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest music theory lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, music lessons for all!
Taking music early learning activities - for children lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£25||£30||Not available|
|5 hours||£110||£135||Not available|