My number one rule to ensuring that students perform well is to first build a relationship with them in order to be able to give instructions through different methods, which should be linked with psychological problems, needs and development of the child.
I am a Psychology graduate who is currently supporting children with hearing impairments. I have been supporting children in their class as well as giving them lessons after school to ensure they understand the content that was covered in class.
Recent teaching experience in mainstream school with mixed ability students has made me keen to work with students who need further support in their learning or adults who need support with their daily activity
2018 Teaching Assistant Deaf Support Assistant
Supporting children with hearing impairments in their day to day school environment and classroom work.
• Working closely with hearing impaired students in their lesson to help boost their understanding of the work
• Arranging after school revision class for small groups of children to go other content covered in lesson
• Worked closely with teachers to ensure right strategies were being used when teaching a class with hearing impaired student
2017 University Placement Behaviour Support Assistant
Supporting students with their leaning and behaviour who are at risk of permanent exclusion.
• Working with more sensitive and challenging students to improve their behaviour
• Leading learning skills session which involved teaching students to control emotions and understand other perspectives
• Use my degree knowledge to motivate students
2016 University Placement Teaching Assistant
SupportingA-level Psychology students, students in Year 9, 10 and 11 as well as Year 7 Nurture class which consisted of pupils who had additional needs such as Dyslexia and Dyspraxia
• Worked closely with teachers to ensure pupils enjoy learning in a caring environment
• Devised activities such as role playing in order to ensure students understood the content well.
• Worked one-to-one with students who needed extra help with understanding content.
• My time at The Academy has enabled me to improve my interpersonal skills such as being able to interact effectively with my colleagues and students
2013 Volunteer work Mentoring
Supporting a younger student with educational work and any problems outside of the school environment
• Met once a week to discuss plans to ensure she was able to attend her lessons fully prepared to do her best
• Helped identify any difficulties she was facing within school and try to come up with effective solutions which improved my problem solving skill
• Develop a timetable for her to do work when she is not in school
2012 Volunteer work Primary School
Helping primary school children with their class work once a week
• Assisted students with Mathematics or literacy work
• Able to support their learning by being creative to come up with new ideas
• Building close relationships with the students to make sure that the students felt comfortable around me
history lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest psychology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, sociology lessons for all!
Taking religious studies lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|