I have excellent communication skills that allows me to deal with all children, regardless of their ability, and with families of all backgrounds.
My teaching methods engage all learning styles through online tools i.e use of different learning sites to stimulate visual and auditory learners and paper based tools like use of worksheets to practice neat writing.
I ensure children have the determination to build self confidence to tackle anything.
I allow every child to be stretched and challenged at a pace that is right for them.
I have had 16 years experience as an ESOL tutor at Leicester College teaching English as a foreign language to adults. I am currently working as a teaching assistant in a primary school supporting children in literacy and numeracy in year 4.
I am multilingual and can communicate effectively in English, French, German and Spanish.
I hold a recent DBS certificate dated September 2019.
For any cancellations please contact tutor within 24 hours of the lesson time otherwise full fee will be taken.
• I am a hardworking, self-motivated and confident individual with skills and experience of working in various sectors (office work, library assistant, translation/interpretation from French into English and education) However, my main career experience has been in the education sector as an ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) teacher for 16 years. My main qualification is a
• French master degree in English and German applied to economics (equivalent to a British Bachelor (Honours) degree. Now I am retired from ESOL teaching and would like to work part-time in after school tuition centres to help children with the core subjects of English and Maths.
• Excellent communication skills that allow me to deal with all children, regardless of their ability and with families of all backgrounds;
• Good record showing great ability to help learners to excel academically, be confident in the classroom, thrive in exams and be fearless in school or college and beyond;
• Trained in inclusivity to treat all learners equally;
• Awareness that every learner’s reason is unique and every learner’s ability is different and ability to engage all learning styles through on-line tools (i.e. use of different learning sites and of the smart board) to stimulate visual and auditory learners and paper –based tools for kinaesthetic learners (i.e. use of worksheets to practice neat writing for example);
• Trained in health and safety in the classroom to provide learners with a personal learning space amid a safe, warm, social and productive environment;
• Experience of engaging learners to work in groups or in pairs to encourage peer-to-peer engagement.
Dates: Sept. 2002-0ct. 2018
Employer: Leicester College
Job Title: ESOL (English to Speakers Of Other Languages) tutor.
• Preparing and teaching motivating and differentiated language lessons and activities (trained in the use of the smart board to make the teaching sessions more interactive);
• Producing, adapting and scouring the internet for learning resources ;
• Encouraging talking to develop language and understanding;
• Setting and marking exercises and tests to develop learners’ reading and writing skills;
• Organising exams (ie entering learners for exams at the correct mode and level, ordering the exam papers in due time, invigilating and marking the exams);
• Dealing with learners’ complaints and problems and reporting any issues of concern of students to my on-line manager or the students learning mentor;
• Organising social and cultural activities, like sports, social events and trips;
• Keeping accurately learners’ records to monitor their progress and for funding purpose and able to keep records confidential (trained in the use of pro-monitor and in the Data Protection Act 2018 which is the U.K.’s implementation of the General Data Protection Regulator –G.D.P.R);
• Managing learners’ behaviour and keeping them safe (trained in health and safety in the classroom).
Education and Training
Date: Sept 2019 – ongoing
Course: NVQ Level 2 in Supporting teaching and Learning (Primary/Secondary schools)
College/Course Provider: Leicester Adult Education College
Date: June 2019
Course: Functional Skills English Level 2
College/Course Provider: Leicester College
Date: June 2002
Course: Diploma in Interpreting for the Local Government
College/Course Provider: Institute of Linguists in London
Date: March 2001
Course: EMFEC Certificate in Teaching Adults-Stage 1
College/Course Provider: Leicester Adult Education College
Date: Sept. 1986-Jun.1987
Course: French Maitrise in Foreign Languages (English and German) applied to Economics (equivalent to a British Bachelor (Honours) Degree according to NARIC).
College/Course Provider: University of Toulouse (France)
Date: Sept. 1982-Jun. 1986
Course: French Licence in Foreign Languages (English and German) applied to Economics (equivalent to a British Bachelor Ordinary degree).
College/Course Provider: University of Toulouse in France
Date: Sept. 1980-1982
Course: Bilingual Secretarial Diploma
College/Course Provider: Secretarial College in Toulouse (France)
Date: Sept. 1978-jun. 1980
Course: French Baccalaureat in Maths, French Literature, English, German and Spanish as second languages, Latin and Humanities (equivalent to G.C.S.E. grades A*-C. according to NARIC)
College/Course Provider: private school (Annonciation) in Toulouse (France)
Hobbies and Interests
Sports-taking part in a range of sports and outdoor pursuits including walking, jogging and cycling.
Intellectual activities-reading, cinema, crosswords and learning new languages.
References available upon request.
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, 11+ school exam preparation lessons for all!
Taking literacy lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£19||Not available|
|5 hours||Not available||£70||Not available|
|10 hours||Not available||£140||Not available|