My classes are centred around strengthening the unique voice of the student. In our lessons, we will take time to learn correct vocal technique to ensure we are protecting our voices, as well as exercises working on intonation, accuracy, and engaging the diaphragm and breathe. We will also dedicate time to express what kind of vocalist you want to be, exploring your inspirations and ambitions.
I am a vocalist and song-writer working and performing with live bands and producers across genres of soul, jazz, folk, Latin-influenced music and pop. I have been leading vocal coaching workshops for over 3 years in London, with students aged between 3-93! My record is successful, achieving distinctions with all students who have taken exams under my coaching. Most importantly, my students leave with a smile on their face.
Vocal Facilitator, Open Age, Community centres in West London & Online Sessions (March 2020 - present)
I lead group singing session with members of Open Age, a charity which supports the over 60s and offers activities that improve their wellbeing. My role involves:
- Learning and preparing the music for a range of songs requested by the members.
- Leading accessible vocal warm ups with the group.
- Leading the group singing through playing the piano and guiding the vocals, ensuring all members are following the music.
- Supporting members to sing solos as and when they feel.
- Ensuring members have a joyful time.
Band Leader & Jam Facilitator, margot & FYE Cypher, London & UK (February 2017 - present)
I manage my own musical project margot; a 6 piece live band fusing soul, jazz and folk music, playing around London and the UK. I also organise a jam with the project - the FYE Cypher - which brings together musicians to experiment in a safe, non-judgemental environment. My role involves:
- Composing and organising material.
- Leading rehearsals.
- Facilitating comfortable environments for artists to jam in when hosting the cypher; taking the lead at some points and supporting new improvisers if necessary.
- Developing relationships with promoters, venue owners and visual artists to organise events and shoots.
Music Assistant, Drum The Bass & Dance Umbrella, London (July 2019 - October 2019)
I assisted the renowned jazz bassist and Indian classical player, Shri Shriram, in leading a group of young musicians to write and perform an original score of music. It was performed as part of Dance Umbrella’s Fairfield Hall’s takeover in Croydon, alongside an original dance piece choreographed by young artists. My role involved:
- Encouraging participants to take an active part in the workshops.
Leading some rehearsals and idea development.
- Making notes of specific ideas, routines or ‘to-do’ lists.
- Helping setup any musical or other equipment.
- Working as a team in conjunction with the composer, dance assistant and choreographer to achieve best results.
- Ensuring all activities are safe and age appropriate.
- Working with the producer about any requirements for the workshops / performances.
- Watching over young participants if they have to work separately in another room.
Vocalist / Improviser, The Cypher School, Brainchild Festival, London & Surrey (July 2018 - present).
I am part of a collective called the Cypher School, which champions opportunities for vocalists, rappers and or poets to improvise together in a fluid, conversational way. We have performed at the award-winning festivals such as Brainchild. Performing and regularly meeting with the Cypher School has developed my vocal practice immensely, both in my lyrical and melodic improvisation, individually and in a group.
Vocal & Drama Facilitator, Fresh Arts Education, London, (January 2018 – May 2019)
I ran weekly singing sessions in schools with young people aged 3–13 living in Harringay. My role included:
- Adapting Fresh Arts plans for the ability of the group and ensuring sessions are consistent, informative and fun.
- Running sessions smoothly, putting the children’s wellbeing first, and ensuring they leave with more confidence, performing arts skills and friendships.
- Preparing young people for singing exams, teaching them about delivering confident, clear performances and relevant vocal techniques.
- Collaboratively directing the blocking of songs with the young people, so it is delivered in an entertaining way that rings true to the meaning of the music and is also something the group has agency over.
- Assisting in the running of end of term showings for parents and friends.
singing lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocal coaching lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, music early learning activities - for children lessons for all!
Taking composition lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£45||Not available||£40|
|5 hours||£185||Not available||£200|
|10 hours||£350||Not available||£400|