I am an online tutor with a passion to help students achieve their personal goals, whether this is predicted grades, self initiated coursework or becoming an expert in the fashion, art or design industry from A Level through to degree and beyond.
Each lesson will focus on a clear objective or learning outcome, a practical based activity and constructive feedback. At the end of each lesson, a new objective will be set as agreed by both myself and the student for the following session as well as extra curricular activities to support the work undertaken to form a well rounded opinion.
I am a relaxed tutor and believe that the key to students success is passion, adaptability, honesty and for learning to be fun, not a chore!
Having worked in the fashion industry across the luxury sector over the past 8 years, I have an excellent skill set across concept, design and development with a wealth of contacts for future career opportunities. I am also a visiting lecturing position at Liverpool John Moores University, where I was appointed in January, providing one-to-one tutorials to students working towards their fashion degrees. I can knowledge on both two and three dimensional skills with specialisms including illustration, portfolio advice and leather and sustainable practices.
During this uncertain time, I am currently offering online services only. Individual students can discuss this further with me if they also are looking for contact tutor time to enhance their learning.
All cancellations must be made with at least 24 hours notice. If less notice is given a cancellation fee will be charged at the same hourly rate.
Anglo-Italian – Freelance Illustrator
March 2019 – Present
• Working alongside the creative director and founder to sketch out concepts to realise final designs.
• Creating detailed technical CAD drawings for RTW and bespoke tailored garments
• Providing hand illustrated campaign imagery
Liverpool John Moores University - Visiting Lecturer
Jan 2020 - Present
• Working with a group of ten final year students to educate and promote the use of leather with a focus on sustainable practices.
• Providing group talks and individual tutorials to develop students understanding of different leathers, fabrications and purposes as well as explore contextual debates.
• Teaming up with a tannery to secure leather and shearling sponsorship for students for final collections.
Karl Donoghue – Freelance Handbag and Leather Goods Designer and Development
Nov 2019 – Dec 2019
• Heading up the launch of a concise bag and leather goods range to complement the AW20 mainline RTW collection.
• Designing and developing lambskin and veg tan accessories with a focus on trend and practicality.
• Hand making final SMS samples using factory machinery including; hydraulic presses, skiving, embossing, pressing and polishing machines as well as traditional hand techniques incorporating edge painting and dyeing.
• Preparing finalised factory ready specification packages for production.
Trace Collective – Freelance Head of Design/Designer
Sept 2019 – Jan 2019
• Heading up and launching the design of a new start-up brand’s first sustainable collection across both women’s and menswear with full traceability for SS20.
• Concepting, designing and developing a complete range of multi-size and multi-functional separates.
• Implementing critical path and creating tracking systems from conception to pre-production quality.
• Leading fit meetings with an emphasis on size diversity, finding discreet solutions to aid fit across various body types.
• Creating detailed CAD work for both pattern cutter and factory ready specification packages.
• Managing budgets and expectations for other freelance contractors.
• Sourcing and communicating with European suppliers to research new GOTS certified linen and hemp.
• Building trusted relationships with London based manufacturers for sampling and block chain production runs.
Karl Donoghue – Womenswear Senior Outerwear Designer
Oct 2014 – Aug 2019
• Working with the creative director and independently to research, design and develop mainline and diffusion collections through to pre-production SMS sampling.
• Liaising with UK, European and Far East suppliers and manufacturers.
• Sourcing and developing innovative and sustainable leather and hardware components.
• Leading in house fit meetings.
• Creating factory ready specification packs, with detailed instructions and technical drawings.
• Directing an in-house pattern cutter during sample development and pattern grader during production.
• Travelling extensively including visits to Japan to meet with the international distributor as well as visiting major suppliers in Milan, fairs in Paris and tanneries in Barcelona. Visiting Saga furs design centre in Copenhagen.
• Undertaking market research to remain trend and competitor aware, to elevate brand presence in-store and across social media channels.
• Liaising with production continuously to ensure that all components and samples are on schedule and are accurate against the raised PO’s with any exclusive details having been addressed for the customer.
• Quality controlling all aspects of the designs, from raw material to final product.
• Providing detailed costings and logging information on an internal PLM system to meet deadlines within the critical path.
• Managing collaborative projects alongside the sales team whilst reacting to seasonal feedback.
• Designing the brands e-commerce site and managing content from marketing material to product shoots and uploads.
• Managing and recruiting design assistants and interns.
N. Ballout – Womenswear Design Consultant Freelance
Aug 2017 – Feb 2018
• Advising the creative director throughout the design process of three-dimensional form to create functional garments, complimenting the hand crafted surface textiles created.
• Providing original source content, silhouette designs and pattern cutting for the final pieces to achieve the creative directors vision.
Kingston University London – MA Fashion Marketing Assistant
June 2014 – Oct 2014
• Planning and undertaking a marketing strategy for the MA Fashion show, including designing and presenting all promotional material in both published and digital matter.
• Managing press contacts.
BA (Hons) Fashion: Kingston University London
fashion design lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest sewing lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, sewing machinery lessons for all!
Taking handbag design lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£30|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£150|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£300|