I'm a professional costumier who works in film, television, theatre and fashion. I've worked in departments with the BBC, Channel 4 online, Sky, ITV, Chanel and Christian Dior. I also sell portrait paintings and have had funding from the Arts Council England to develop my practice as an artist.
I offer lessons in the following:
Students can be beginners of those looking to refine or retouch on skills they already have.
Lessons will be structured around the short and long-term goals of the student. We will break these aims down into to stages, focusing on a different aspect each week with homework for the following week. The lesson will start with examples and discussion about the topic, then we will do warm up drills to build confidence and speed, followed by a longer session of practice and ending with a review of the students work from the session.
I also offer advice of university and creative job applications and portfolios.
I gave my first workshop two years ago and am currently a life drawing class tutor as well as a freelance costumier and artist.
I have taught groups of over thirty at workshops and individuals who are seeking to learn the basics or build confidence.
• Funded by the Arts Council England for an artist development project.
• Member of the Creative Collective.
• Awarded the Costume for Screen Prize at the 79 Gold Exhibition.
• Course representative for AUB at the USITT conference in Texas.
• Course representative at Central Saint Martins.
• Awarded the JP Milan Art Bursary.
• Intern on the Leonardo da Vinci GRAMPUS heritage programme in Romania.
• Arts University Bournemouth: BA (Hons) Costume and Performance Design- First
Class Honours Degree
• Central Saint Martins: Foundation Diploma- Merit
• Strodes College: Fine Art A2- A, Textiles A2- A*, Double Diploma in Art & Design-
• Thomas Knyvett College: Thirteen GCSE’s from A* to C including English,
Mathematics and triple Science.
As an archive assistant I helped with re-cataloguing and maintaining delicate costume pieces which are split into different historical periods and cultures.
• Archive Assistant at the Arts University Bournemouth.
• Civilian Hire Department Assistant (work experience) at Angels The Costumiers.
• Costume Daily on ITV’s The Good Karma Hospital, directed by Bill Eagles.
• Costume Daily on Sky’s Yonderland Series III, designed by Jacqueline Mills.
• Costume Trainee (work experience) at Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre for the
productions The Merchant of Venice and Holly Warriors.
• Costume Trainee (work experience) on the BBC’s WPC 56 Series III.
• Assistant on a promotional film for Christian Dior, a collaboration between them
and Disney Rollergirl.
• Assistant on a fine jewellery photoshoot for Chanel. Styled by Navaz Batliwalla.
• Assistant to the costume supervisor for a Save The Children event called Alice
Small Events & Artists Organiser
• I have organised events including a fundraiser for AICR. As a team, we booked
performers, DJs, organised the advertising, décor, tickets and pack-down.
• I previously ran a circus society and am now part of a new group. My role was to
organise the artists, schedules and their fees for events in London and across the
UK, including The Isle of Wight Festival.
• Designer & Supervisor for Fanged Up. Cast includes Steven Berkoff and Lauren
• Designer & Supervisor for Shamas, funded by Creative England.
• Designer & Supervisor for Tehzeeb, winner of several film festival awards.
• Designer & Supervisor for Pull, Tag, Knot. Channel 4 online.
• Designer & Supervisor for Bulldogs. Channel 4 online.
• Designer & Supervisor for Khadejah, funded by Random Acts.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£18||£18||Not available|
|5 hours||£75||£75||Not available|
|10 hours||£140||£140||Not available|