My teaching method varies depending on the persons needs. I strongly believe that everyone can understand English as a subject but everyone learns in different ways. Although one student may understand a concept through an initial explanation, it doesn't mean the next student will. I pride myself on my adaptability and patience. Additionally, I like to clear outline learning outcomes at the beginning and end of each session in order to give the student and overview of learning. I am able to teach from primary school level up until GCSE level.
I am a 3rd Year International Relations Student at the University of Plymouth. I take great interest in politics and the world around me. During my school days I excelled particularly in English Language and achieved an A* at GCSE. I understand that English can be tricky. I myself struggled with Maths at school and so I recognise the benefit of 1 to 1 learning. I have a patient, compassionate approach as shown through my current volunteering as a call companion with re-engage who aim to combat loneliness in the elderly.
If you need to cancel a lesson please inform me within 24 hours :)
Email: (concealed information)
Mobile: (concealed information)
A hard working, 20-year-old student who is studying International relations at Plymouth University. Wishes to gain experience of the wider world through work and utilize English language skills in order to help others
• Worked part-time as a waitress at the Crowne Plaza Hotel (9 months)
• Worked during a summer period at a kennels and cattery (2 months)
• Worked part-time as a sales assistant in Monsoon. (1 year and 3 months)
• Worked part-time as a waitress at the Pear Tree Hotel (6 months)
• Worked locally for the 2017 general election, collecting votes from the Swindon area.
• School work experience at RAF Odiham and has volunteered at a local primary school.
• Has worked with the public at The Royal International Air Tattoo with Air Cadets by helping with various aspects of the event over a two-week period such crowd lining and advertisement.
Education and Qualifications
• Currently studying International Relations at degree level.
• A Level Government and Politics, A Level Law, A Level French
• AS Level Government and Politics, AS Level Law, AS Level Extended project qualification.
• Pearson BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Aviation studies for Air Cadets.
• GCSE results: Mathematics- B, English Language- A*, English Literature- B, Core Science- A, Additional Science- B, French- B, Music- A, Geography- A, History- B.
• Functional Skills qualification in English at level 2.
• Has a passion for animals and animals care shown by work at kennels and cattery, walking dogs, cleaning the kennels and cattery, feeding the animals and providing great service for the customers such as providing extra care needs for a dog or cat e.g. medication, particular foods etc.
• Has a passion for music. Plays the saxophone and the piano. Played in a marching band with Air Cadets, recently performing at The Tower of London.
• A member of Air cadets from 2013-2018, enjoyed the leadership aspect and was involved in all aspects such as flying, camps, drill competitions and personal development.
• Interested in International and local politics with regards to how the world works and countries interact with each other.
Additional Skills and Achievements
• Currently volunteering as a call companion for Re-engage in order to combat loneliness for the elderly.
• Classed as a dementia friend after completing a recent course at university
• Took part in a Holocaust educational programme and went to concentration camps in Poland and is now an ambassador after a project which aims to spread Holocaust education.
• Took part in a remembrance programme and went on a government funded visit to the battlefields of France and Belgium. Once returned, created assemblies for the school to spread the importance of remembrance.
• Youth first aid trained with St. Johns ambulance in 2014.
• Passed driving test.
• Achieved grade 5 ABRSM on Alto Saxophone.
• Promoted to Flight Sergeant in 2018 with Air Cadets, gained a role in charge of the squadron displaying skills of leadership, organisation, teamwork and responsibility.
• Skills of commercial awareness, organisation, and initiative and customer service enhanced through job as a sales assistant.
• Skills of silver service, customer awareness and communication skills enhanced through job as a waitress.
• Competent use of computers and common software.
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, english literature lessons for all!
Taking literacy lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£10|