First-class politics graduate, Tanya Slocombe (BA) independently provides private, multidisciplinary essay-writing tuition, covering a wide variety of academic subjects. Tutoring is London-based and sessions are primarily directed towards GCSE, college and undergraduate, university students. Irrespective of the students’ subject, so long as an assignment requires (coursework related) essays communicated in written English, this service is generally applicable. These tutoring sessions aim to provide mobile, academic support to current students who struggle to plan and write coherent essays. Tuition is provided by advising customers in light of developing:
• Analytical, Evaluative and Synthesis Skills
• Grammar, Punctuation and Written English
• Research and Referencing
• Structuring Writing
• Planning, Proof-reading and Revision Techniques
Tuition sessions are available either online via Skype, or ‘face-to-face’ in a public location, including local libraries, youth clubs and community centres. Students who are enrolled have the choice of booking private tuition or group sessions. Both styles of teaching have unique advantages. While private sessions offer students full individual assistance, contrastingly, group sessions operate using a team-based approach which encourages students to develop further essential, team-working skills. Also, group sessions are beneficial concerning decreasing economic costs for students who cannot afford to pay individually.
Fees for private tuition are £20 per hour. However, there is an alternative option for individuals requesting private sessions, to pay in advance for a bundle package consisting of 10 hours of tuition for a fixed cost of £180. Those accepted of this option receive a 10% discount, by saving £20. In contrast, group sessions require between 2 to 4 students per session. The fee charged for group sessions is £15 per hour for each student.
If a private tuition session takes place in a public location that requires the tutor to travel via public transport, there is an additional fixed charge of £7.50 per lesson, to cover incurred daily travel expenses. Students opting for group sessions are not charged for travel expenses but are required to travel to West London for tuition. Specific details of the whereabouts will be confirmed upon the booking process. Financial transactions can either be paid ‘cash in hand’, 'contactless' via an Izettle card reader, PayPal, or directly into the bank.
In 2018, I graduated from London South Bank University, having attained a First Class Honours Politics degree. I am also due to embark on an MA Law course in September 2019.
I am passionate about providing academic support to others, especially those who struggle to write coherent essays. At present, I can support current students by helping them to interpret questions, research, plan and write better essays.
This includes developing:
• analysis, evaluation, & synthesis skills
• proper use of grammar & written English
• clarity & coherence in writing
• structuring essays
• introducing & concluding key points
• planning, editing & revision skills
A needs assessment for the student will be conducted to ascertain what support is needed. Also, students learning preferences will be incorporated into lesson plans. This is to determine where and how I can offer academic writing assistance.
The ultimate goal is for students to learn how to better plan, research, write, structure, analyse and evaluate in their essays, based upon the development of their confidence in writing.
I consistently maintain a patient and honest approach to ensure that students meet their targets and come to a full understanding of any academic issues.
• Transportation Fee: £7.50 per day
• Hourly Rate for online sessions: £20 p/h
• Hourly Rate for one-off tuition: £20 p/h
• Hourly Rate for group sessions: £15 p/h
Bundle Packages (face-to-face or online):
• The rate of 5 hours of lessons: £80
• The rate for 10 hours of lessons: £180
PLEASE NOTE: BUNDLE PACKAGES ARE UNAVAILABLE FOR THOSE BOOKING GROUP SESSIONS
Fees for private tuition are £20 per hour (both ‘face-to-face’ or online). However, there is an alternative option for individuals requesting private sessions, to pay in advance for bundle packages. The first option is a 5 hour tuition bundle, which amounts to a cost of £80. The second option consists of 10 hours of tuition for a fixed cost of £180. Those accepted for these options receive a 10% discount, by saving £20. If a private tutoring session takes place in a venue that requires the tutor to travel via public transport, there is an additional fixed charge of £7.50 per lesson, to cover incurred daily travel expenses.
In contrast, group sessions require between 2 to 4 students per session. It should be noted that bundle packages are unavailable for those booking group sessions. The fee charged for group sessions is £15 per hour for each student. Students opting for group sessions are not charged for travel expenses but are required to travel to West London for tuition. Specific details of the whereabouts will be confirmed upon the booking process. Financial transactions can either be paid ‘cash in hand’, 'contactless' via an Izettle card reader, PayPal, or bank transfer.
For all tutees, there is a £10 cancellation fee, if notification is not given 48 hours, prior to the upcoming lesson.
Social Network: linkedin.com/in/tanya-slocombe-94a858164
• PROFESSIONAL PROFILE:
A committed and driven BA Politics Graduate with a thorough understanding of political phenomena and the discipline of political studies. Utilise sound organisation and planning skills to deliver assignments within set timeframes and to a high-quality standard. Familiar working with all types of personalities, enthusiastic and work well in a team.
• EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
BA (Hons) Politics – Graduated with First Class Honours - London South Bank University 2018
* Particular modules include ‘Race’, Culture and Identity; Contemporary dynamics of the world system; and European politics in transition
* Dissertation researched the extent to which the UK Black Lives Matter movement impacts on race-related issues affecting black Britons
• A Levels
English Literature, Politics, Psychology and Extended Project Qualification - Chiswick Sixth Form 2014
English Literature (A), English Language (B), Maths (C), Core Science (B) Additional Science (C), Geography (A*), Business Studies (C), Religious Studies (B), Art (C) - Chiswick School 2012
• RELEVANT SKILLS:
* Trained in time-management and organisational skills, familiar balancing work and team support in a timely and professional manner
* Accomplished in administration duties including report writing, minute taking, record keeping and case management
* Excellent English communication skills both written and oral
* I.T proficiency in MS Office software, SPSS and managing different social media platforms
* Sustained respect for confidentiality across organisations including BME environments
• ASSOCIATED EXPERIENCE:
(1) March 2013 - Work Shadowing Mary Macleod MP at 10 Downing Street & Houses of Parliament – International Women’s Day
* Carried out research into local, regional and national issues as required, and ensured the politician was made aware of any relevant matters
* Undertook administrative duties, such as minute taking, updating databases, time management and organisational skills
* Liaised with government, local government members, politicians and their staff, commissioners, and other relevant interest groups including other young BME women
(2) September 2011 - December 2012 -
Youth Delegate, Notting Hill Housing Trust Youth Forum
* Carried out research into what young people want from local government
* Debated about local, national and global youth, democracy and citizenship issues
* Organised local events
* Developed publicity to promote events and services for young people
* Attended various conferences and events
• OTHER EXPERIENCE:
(3) September 2015 - Spokesperson, Family Nurse Partnership Programme
* Delivered speech to NHS directors and commissioners about how the organisation helps to improve the economic self-sufficiency of young mothers, similar to myself
* Shared constructive advice about how the organisation could improve their services, to strengthen its impact on young mothers and their children
* Assisted in securing investment funding for the programme
(4) June 2011- July 2011 - Play/Youth Worker, Addison Play Centre – School Work Placement
* Provided and set up activities
* Supervised children’s play
* Delivered healthy refreshments at snack times
* Kept a tidy environment
* Listened to children about their concerns and worries
* Built relationships with parents, carers and professionals
REFERENCES ARE AVAILABLE ON REQUEST
Tanya is an exceptional tutor, who provides guidance in every aspect of academic writing. I have taken up lessons with Tanya for the past few months and she has continued to support me, despite my learning difficulties. She is patient and delivers such perfection, i would not recommend anyone else but her.
Highly recommend Tanya as a tutor for those lacking in writing confidence!
I usually don't enjoy sharing my work with others but Tanya assured me about my abilities and her constructive criticism easy to follow.
Tanya has helped me get my best possible results, with level 6 university assignments by helping me proof read what I have written and get the most out of my word count. With Tanya's guidance I learned how to optimise my writing and convey my thoughts in a professional and academic writing style.
english literature lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest 11+ school exam preparation lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, essay writing lessons for all!
Taking dissertation and thesis preparation lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£27||£20|
|5 hours||Not available||£115||£100|
|10 hours||Not available||£250||£200|