My classes are tailored to each student's level and interests. I like to link an academic approach (grammar, oral comprehension, reading, listening) to a personal one. Whilst I will teach the student the necessary material for their examinations, I place great emphasis on stepping beyond the curriculum and exploring areas of the subject that will not only allow the student to achieve top grades, but also to apply their knowledge to real-world situations.
I love languages, having achieved A*s in five (French, Spanish, Latin, Ancient Greek, Sanskrit) at GCSE and three (French, Spanish, Sanskrit) at A-level, as well as an A in History A-level. I am new to tutoring, but I have eight siblings so I have a lot of experience teaching them! In 2016 I thoroughly enjoyed voluntarily teaching Latin biweekly to a group of Year 6 students at my local primary school, which involved me planning lessons with engaging worksheets and activities. Having recently graduated from Wadham College, Oxford, I can provide great insight into the Oxbridge application process as well as general study skills tips for GCSE, A-level and degree-level exams.
Bachelor of Arts: University of Oxford – Sanskrit (Oriental Studies), 2020 (First Class – 78% Average)
• Achieved a First Class in all eight final papers (72%-85%) and 15,000-word dissertation (a translation and analysis of a previously untranslated manuscript of a Nepalese drama)
• Received a Wadham College Academic Scholarship for 2018/19 based on my first-year examination results (80% average)
• Activities and Societies: University of Oxford Korfball Club (Recipient of Oxford Half-Blue 2019), Wadham College Netball Club, Wadham College Squash Club, University of Oxford Photography Society.
St James Senior Girls' School - London
• A-Levels - 3A*s (Sanskrit, French, Spanish) 1A (History) GCSEs - 9A*s 1A
• Activities and Societies: 1st VII Netball Team, Academic Prefect, Chamber Choir, Grade 6 Piano
• Awards: Sanskrit Prize (2016, 2017), Spanish Prize (2017), Best A-Level Results (2018)
01/16-07/16: Latin Teacher with Minimus Latin Programme
• Planned a weekly lesson with engaging and relevant worksheets and activities
• Taught Latin grammar and Roman history to Year 6 students
Perfect! My son is learning Spanish with Millie - his words: “Millie is awesome! It’s really good fun and her Spanish is excellent!”. Really easy to work with, I highly recommend Millie!
Ted is a very fun, personable and bright character! I look forward to our future lessons
I taught Sanskrit to Millie for many years. She is a wonderful person in all respects. Millie is personable, patient and understanding, and is an excellent linguist. She is always careful and thorough in all her undertakings. Study with Millie, and you will receive a top notch service.
am happy to give Millie my highest recommendation. I was her main tutor for the first two years of her BA in Sanskrit in Oxford, and she was one of the very best students I ever taught. She is highly intelligent and extremely conscientious about her work. She is also unfailingly friendly, and was supportive of her fellow students who found the course much harder than she did. I suspect she would be a great tutor.
I recommend Millie as her former subject tutor at the University of Oxford; Millie was an outstanding language student at Oxford, obtaining a very high first class degree. She has all the academic and personal attributes to be an excellent tutor.
spanish lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - spanish lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - spanish lessons for all!
Taking oral comprehension - spanish lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£16||£16|