My teaching methods are often based on the student's style of learning. I always start teaching by having a converstion with my students in order to get to know them as individuals. I also assess all my students generally in order to know their level and also how they would like me to deliver the lessons. I use a student-centred approach to achieve great results.
I am a private tutor in English Language and cooking. I have over 3 years experience in teaching and I really enjoy connecting with all my students through the subjects I tech them. I have taught over 15 students and counting. I m currently offering private English tuition to some students.
Please bear in mind that you will need to make me aware at least 2 hours before a scheduled lesson online or in person if you have to cancel. Failure to do this will result in a request for full payment of the scheduled lesson.
Thank you for your cooperation.
University of Leicester 2016-2017
MA Human Rights and Global Ethics: (Merit)
Relevant Modules include: The politics of human rights, The state and religious freedom, Governance and Corruption, Legal response to Global Injustice.
University of Leicester 2013-2016
• BA Sociology: 2:1
• Relevant modules include: Human Rights, Social Class and Inequalities, Research Methods, Global Development, Sociological Theory.
A LEVEL East Norfolk Sixth Form- A levels 2011-2013
• Sociology: A*
• Communication & Culture: A
• English Language: C
• BCS Level 2 Certificate in IT User skills, British Safety Council Workplace Hazard Awareness
Denes High School, Lowestoft- 2008-2011
• 8 GCSEs including Maths (C) and English (C)
March 2011 – March 2014 Anglia Ruskin University Research Assistant
• Analysis of interviews and transcripts of vulnerable children: working with primary and secondary school children to understand their views on neglect and abuse.
• Attendance of Social Science conferences.
• Organising Focus groups: focus groups with primary and secondary school children to hear their views on neglect and abuse.
• Attendance of meetings with members of House of Commons and the Children’s Office Commissioner (England).
• Giving presentations.
• Working in groups to analyse research data.
February – June 2016 University of East London: EU Referendum Blogger
• Writing weekly blogs on the EU referendum and the involvement of young people.
• Interviews with young people: interviewing young British voters on their identity in the EU and helping them voice their opinions concerning their civil rights.
• Attending and participating in debates: helping secondary school students express their political views in a debate.
June 2014 – July 2014: Teaching Assistant at New Tafo Baptist School
• Patience: By making sure each student understood what I was teaching them.
• Listening skills: By hearing the opinions of each student.
• Setting and marking homework done by students.
January 2019-Present Keyworker at Transforming Lives Company
Offering tuition in English and Maths
Offering individual cooking tuition
Offering legal assistance
October 2017-January 2019- Business Analyst Santander
• Working in a team to complete projects assigned by team managers.
• Completing administrative tasks such as writing letters to customers.
• Using softwares such as UFSS and Charter to remediate customer banking accounts.
April 2015- October 2017- Retail Sales Assistant: Primark Stores
• Advising and assisting customers, recommending products and new stock, maintaining a friendly yet efficient service.
• Following instructions from senior staff.
• Working as part of a team to run a shop floor.
July 2010 – February 2011 Wimpy Restaurant: Waitress
• Serving food to customers
• Dealing with payments
• Dealing with complaints from customers
• Communication skills: talking with customers and making sure their needs are met.
June-June 2010 Palmers Department Store: Sales Assistant.
• Team working skills: by working together with other sales assistants to achieve our daily goals.
• Leadership skills: by managing a single department.
• Organisational skills- by ordering the clothes and shoes.
cooking lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest easy cooking lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, traditional cooking lessons for all!
Taking healthy cooking lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|