I am able to tutor food technology/food science/nutrition at GCSE level, A level and degree level. I can also give support in microbiology with my strength being food microbiology. I like to make learning interactive, using visual aids and diagrams to aid understanding and can give support on revision techniques. I have a huge passion for Food and I hope to make tutoring sessions interesting and fun.
I graduated in 2018 from the University of Reading with a First Class degree in BSc Nutrition and Food science, I am currently working within the Food industry and have a huge passion for food, cooking, food microbiology and nutrition.
2014 - 2018 University of Reading - BSc Nutrition & Food Science with Professional Training - 1:1
Modules Including Nutrition, Food Microbiology, Food Processing, Composition and Properties of food, NPD and Biochemistry. Dissertation title “The Effect of fat source (Butter, Coconut oil, and Extra Virgin Olive oil) on the quality of processed cheese”.
2012 - 2014 Wymondham High Sixth Form
A level: Biology (B), Psychology (B), Fine Art (B) AS levels: English Literature (A)
2007- 2012 Wymondham High School
10 GCSE’s grades A*- C, including; Science (A*), Maths (B), English literature (A), Art (A*), Food technology (A)
Employment/ Work Experience
June 2018 - Present Melton Foods (A Division of the Samworth Brothers) - Process development technologist
Melton Foods is a Chilled Food to Go manufacturer, whose main customers are Costa, Waitrose, Asda (Party Food), Booker and Costco - alongside the production of their own brands; Ginsters and Honest Crust.
My role involves managing products from concept through to launch, whilst meeting the critical path and customer deadlines. This consists of organising and running trials on products, whilst gathering key food safety and quality information such as; microbiological and nutritional samples, organoleptic information, and assessing new raw material quality. Whilst also gathering yield and labour data and amending packaging cutters post trial.
• Supported the team to successfully launch 89 products in September and launched 6 Christmas products.
• Launched 2 products in January, which I worked on independently from concept and I am currently managing 13 products for launch in April/May.
• As an active member of the Green Team and 4'R'Me plan at Melton foods I have helped to raise awareness of food waste. Through this work I have introduced the business to Rubies in the Rubble - sustainable food brand who produces condiments out of surplus ingredients - who participated in our 4’R’ME plan awareness training.
July 2016 – July 2017 JDM Food Group Ltd – Student Technologist
JDM is one of the UK's fastest growing companies, with Wholehead, Low Risk, High Care and High-Risk facilities all on one site. During my 12-month industrial placement, I gained experience in Production, Procurement, Sales, Technical, Process development and New Product Development, strengthening my understanding of bringing a concept to launch and the roles played by different departments within this process. I was given the opportunity to lead projects within each department, strengthening my leadership, organisational and teamwork skills.
• Lead and completed the commissioning/validation of two new DD Revorack ovens, working to the cooking standards set out by M&S and Sainsbury’s. Producing a validation report, used by JDM in customer audits.
• Successfully presented my validation work to a large food manufacturer, which won back their custom.
• Developed and implemented training procedures for the new ovens and updated relevant factory paperwork.
• Designed and re-developed new cooking programmes – to meet quality and food safety parameters.
• Organised and lead product trials within the factory whilst in Process development.
• Designed recipes/products for customer briefs whilst in NPD and presented these products to customers.
• Used SAP software and Excel to analyse the manufacturing sales “house” accounts, to aid strategic management.
June 2015 - Present Volunteer Hub leader/Cooking leader - Foodcycle
Foodcycle is a national charity that aims to reduce food waste and social isolation, via collecting surplus food from retailers and creating a three-course meal free for anyone to enjoy.
• Leading a team of volunteers to create a three-course meal in a limited timeframe.
• Engaging with cooking volunteers to plan of a nutritious balanced menu, which met the ethos of Foodcycle.
• Working cohesively within a team of hub leaders, to ensure the smooth running of the hub.
• Organised a very successful stall at Norwich Vegan Festival; designed vegan recipes and distributed these as recipe cards whilst also giving cooking demonstrations to the general public.
cooking lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest baking lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vegetarian cooking lessons for all!
Taking food technology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£18||£15|