Since french in my native language, I am able to explain and translate things that books fail to point out. I teach the French language people actually speak, not the one you find in 19th century's books ! I will help you get the perfect pronounciation.
Every lesson is focused on a real-life situation : Going to a restaurant/a bar, asking for directions, meeting someone, introducing yourself...
As I am a biologist, fascinated by science, I am also able to help any student with their science homework, especially biology. I worked in 2016 and 2017 as an environmental educator, I also know how to speak and interest the younger ones !
Hélène is very hardworking, eager, and she does not settle for mediocrity. She has thrived teaching children in Marseille and really enjoyed inspiring those that she taught. As a friend, and a colleague, she has been extremely supportive to me and others around her and has been excellent at helping me to learn knew skills.
Hélène is a very good teacher. She is patient and tuned to her students.
Hi there !
I am a 24 year old french girl. I graduated in environmental enginnering and I also have a master's degree in marine biology. After working in Indonesia, France, Greece and the Maldives, I am having a break in Reading, UK, where I would like to help students with their french and science homework !
I am also interested into teaching French to anyone who wants to discover this beautiful language.
dec 2017 - may 2018: Marine Biologist in Maalifushi, Maldives – COMO Maalifushi, 5 star Resort
- Snorkeling trips with guests
- Assisting with the Dive Centre daily activities
- Performing presentations to guests and children
- Monitoring coral frames
- Assisting guests in whale shark and dolphin observation trips
- Whale shark photo identification and tagging program
july - august 2018 : Environnemental Educator in Marseille, France – Base Nautique du Roucas Blanc
- Raised awareness about current environmental issues, at local and global scales
- Set up field and indoor activities teaching about Mediterranean biodiversity
- Managed groups of 10 to 20 children aged between 6 and 11
jan - june 2017: Master thesis in Samos Island, Greece - ARCHIPELAGOS Institute for Marine Conservation
- Cetacean, seal and sea turtle strandings in Greece: spatio-temporal distributions and correlations with environmental factors
- 9 years old database management and analysis
- Recorded data aboard vessels of cetacean pod GPS position and group behavior
- Dolphin photo-identification
- Monitored turtle recovery and performed turtle necropsies
2016: Environmental engineering thesis in Brest, France – IFREMER National Marine Science Research Institute
- Study of the ecological state of coastal ecosystems and the ecosystem services they provide (part of a national project directed by the French Ministry of Environment)
- Comparison of three French bay ecosystems: Mont Saint-Michel Bay, Arcachon bay and Morbihan gulf
- Habitat and ecosystem assessment
2015: Engineer internship: coral reefs restoration in Gili Islands, Indonesia - Gili EcoTrust
- Built artificial reefs according to the Biorock protocol
- Evaluated the artificial reefs’ impacts on coral reefs ecosystems and assessed their efficiency
- Set up underwater survey protocol and built a data base
- Fish, substrates and invertebrates biodiversity assessment (Reef Check protocol)
Marine Biology and Ecology Master of Science, Aix-Marseille University (France)
Environmental Engineering degree (equivalent to a master), Agrosup Dijon (France)
Preparatory class for engineering schools, G. Clémenceau preparatory school (France)
(Competitive examinations in biology, mathematics, physics, chemistry, geology and english)
Baccalaureate in Sciences, with Honours, Chrestien de Troyes high school (France)
test prep lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest french language and literature lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression lessons for all!
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|