I am incredibly flexible when it comes to my lessons, and will make sure I adapt each class to the student's personal needs. Whether its learning the language from scratch, conversational practice, reading comprehension, or revising for exams. I can give French lessons to all levels, and I aim to make the lessons as fun and interesting as possible.
I'm a Translating and Interpreting master's student at Heriot-Watt university. I have an undergraduate degree in Applied languages (French & Spanish), which I studied at Portsmouth university for 4 years.
I spent the whole of last year working as an English teaching assistant in a nursery/primary school in Madrid, working with children from the ages of 3 to 11. My main roles at the school were one-on-one English communication skills with the children, through the use of games for the younger ones, and more complex materials for the older children. I also gave private English/French lessons to several children after school from the ages of 5 to 16.
I am flexible to work most evenings, and free to work all day Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. I can travel to your home or meet in a public space, whichever you prefer.
As a Translating and Interpreting master’s student at Heriot-Watt University, languages have always played an important role in my life, which is the reason I am keen to share my knowledge amongst others.
Working with children over the past year has been by far the most rewarding experience so far, which is why I am keen to carry on and help anyone who is looking to improve their French language skills.
• Trilingual in English, French and Spanish.
• Organised and punctual.
• Possess strong team ethic.
• Self-motivated and quick learner.
• Copes well under pressure.
Exquis French Bistro – (August 2011 – August 2016) Supervising waitress
• Taking and preparing orders, processing transactions, re-stocking the bar.
• Up holding strong customer service, with a detailed knowledge of products offered.
• Training new members of staff.
• Adhering to hygiene regulations, keeping work area clean and tidy.
Le Golf de Saint Donat – (June 2014 – August 2014) Waitress
• Working and adapting to a new cultural setting.
• Remaining calm and upholding strong customer service during peak times.
• Becoming a part of a working team and working together in order to satisfy the customer’s needs.
Jamie’s Italian - (September 2016 – July 2017) FOH (Waitress)
• Working at a very fast pace, in a much bigger setting.
• Having detailed knowledge of the products we offer, and the history of the dishes/company.
• Received regular training/followed a very strict process in regards to food allergens. (Complying with the Food Standards Agency).
CEIP Frederico García Lorca – (October 2017 – June 2018) English language assistant
• Teaching 3-5 year old children basic English skills through games, activities, songs, stories…
• Preparing learning material and thinking of new and exciting activities for the children.
• Adapting to a completely new work environment/cultural setting, whilst working as a team with my allocated teachers.
Heriot-Watt University (September 2018 – August 2019)
• MSc Interpreting and Translating (French, Spanish and English)
University of Portsmouth (2013 – 2017)
• BAhons Applied Languages with French & Spanish – 2.1 (with distinction in French)
Sussex Downs Park College (2011-2013)
• French AS – A A2 – A
• Drama and Theatre Studies AS – C A2 – C
• Sociology AS – C A2 – D
• Spanish AS – C
Cavendish Secondary School (2006 –2011)
• GCSE in English Literature and Language – BB
• GCSE in Math – C
• GCSE in Science – C
• French – A*
• Other GCSEs passed with grade B – History and Spanish
• Other GCSEs passed with grade C – Drama, Physical Education, Religious Studies
• Dance – D
french lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - french lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - french lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension -french lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£15||£15|