I'm a primary teacher by trade but I've been teaching functional skills to 16-18 year olds over the past three years. I have a proven track record of delivering interesting lessons to enhance the understanding of my learners at the college where I work at. My teaching method is intense, real life scenarios and I love to break the sums down to stories and diagrams. I also like to teach through videos. A quick turnaround in understanding is possible.
Hi I'm a primary school trained teacher with experience within schools in and around Birmingham. However for the past three years I have been teaching functional skills to 16-18 year old students as well as foundation GCSE. I must admit I hated maths when I was younger but now I love the subject. My teaching method is to teach through videos and diagrams and how maths is used in the real world. I have a proven track record at functional skills level to hit way above national average and I maintain high standards of both myself and the students.
Travel cost of £5 to within 10 km
Travel cost of £10 between 10km and 20 km.
I’m an inspiring, self-motivated and dynamic individual with experience in teaching all primary years as well as Functional skill (16-18). I have a strong awareness for children’s learning and development needs. I encourage inclusive education and promoting good positive learning techniques. I possess exemplary planning skills and I’m accustomed to operating under considerable pressure, remaining calm, effective and prioritising wisely. I have always had a passion for teaching and geared my studies and career in this direction as I feel it is extremely valuable to help children/adults develop skills so that they can continue to build upon throughout their lives.
Key Skills + Expertise.
1. Experienced at planning/organising lesson plans.
2. Excellent behaviour for learning strategies.
3. Passionate about teaching and child development.
4. Excellent knowledge of all key subjects.
5. Develop lesson plans within the required curriculum.
6. Having full QTS.
7. Contact with parent/carers to improve an individual’s performance.
8. A record of hitting and surpassing the national average in functional skills targets.
* Planning engaging maths lessons.
* Assessing the students ability and monitor these on a regular basis.
* Delivering high quality lessons.
* Parents evening.
* Achieving high pass rates (Have consistently passed the national average.)
* Having a colourful classroom full of information to help the students.
* Making sure that the students can access the lessons in order to grow in confidence to have a better chance of having a job.
* Marking the students work to a high level. (I pride my books as I like the students to show off what they have learnt.)
* Finding new ways of helping the students improve their understanding of maths.
* Working as part of a team to find solutions to help our students.
* Making sure that I keep my safeguarding up to date.
* Liaising with parents/carers to make sure the students have the best chance of achieving at our establishment. * Build a student? child/ adult social skills to be a better all-round individual. Once this is embedded then the student has a chance of succeeding educationally.
November 2015 - current CTC KIngshurst Academy (Functional Skills Tutor.in Maths/English/PE.)
March 2015 - December 2015 - Flourish Education. (Supply teacher.)
January 2015 - March 2015 - Churchfield Primary School. (teacher.)
April 2013 - December 2014 - Redhill Primary School. (Year 3,4,5 and 6 teacher.)
Feb 2013 - April 2013 - Flourish Education. September (Supply teacher.)
2012 - December 2012 - Llandysilio Primary School. (Year 4 and 5 teacher.)
September 2012 - December 2012 Dyffryn Trannon Primary School. (Year 1 and 2 teacher.)
February 2012 - July 2012 -- Powys County Council (Supply teacher.)
August 2010 - February 2012 - Charlie's Stores LTD. (Buying and selling on Amazon and E-Bay.)
September 2008 - July 2009 - Dyffryn Banw Primary School. (Teaching assistant.)
February 2002 - December 2012 - Cann Office Hotel. (Barman.)
* Attending the company’s weekly business meetings.
* Attending a weekly teacher meeting.
* Making sure that I meat my CPD targets set by the principle.
PGCE – Aberystwyth University
BA – History – Welsh History. – Bangor University.
A levels Geography ( C ) History ( C ) Caereinion High School
GCSE – 2 ( A ) 2 ( B) 6 ( C) Caereinion High School
15 EDU care certificates on numerous safeguarding topics.
Highfield Level 2 certificate in First Aid.
Outdoor Pursuits Training day.
Mini Bus pass (Midas) to drive a 15-seater bus.
Attended a 4-day maths resilience course by Warwickshire University.
Various other courses/ training days when in schools.
Llion is a brilliant tutor and helped me loads. He gave me the confidence to achieve my goals, and without his help, I wouldn't have hit my target or got through my exams.
Highly recommend this tutor; brilliant all round.
Thanks again, Llion.
He tutored my step daughter last Summer & he was the most enthusiastic, professional & encouraging tutor you could wish for. She said he made her see maths in a different light & explained things in a way she could relate to as never before! She was so pleased with her result & it really was all down to Llion! Julie from Solihull.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£25||£30||Not available|
|5 hours||£1||£26||Not available|
|10 hours||£1||£51||Not available|