My teaching approach is highly personalised to suit individual learning needs, preferences
and styles. I use a blended learning approach with emphasis on guiding the student through the skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing - along with the subset skills of grammar, punctuation, spelling and vocabulary, in a functional and naturalised way. So, for example, once the student has identified the subjects and themes that interest them-and therefore, motivate them, I use these interests as a gateway into exploring and developing the student's efficacy and enjoyment in mastering all the skill sets of the English language. This further encourages the student to keep going! Above all, I aim to ensure, every lesson is a fully engaging, enjoyable experience.
I am a fully qualified TESOL English language teacher, now based in the UK, with many years of professional experience. I teach both children and adults-from beginners' level to advanced, both online and in a classroom setting. I have also taught non-native English language students in Portugal and Italy where I tutored students for their Cambridge First Certificate, Advanced and Proficiency exams. I have extensive experience teaching Business English online and related tutoring of students writing in English for commercial and academic purposes. I have experience in tutoring students of English as a second language and native-speaking school children to develop their literacy skills.
• Self-employed, TESOL-qualified English Language Teacher, Copy editor, Proofreader & Writer
• English Language Trainer/mentor for foreign language students and native speakers
• Online tutoring, tailored to meet the student's learning objectives
• Meeting the learning requirements of both children and adult learners
• Lessons for academic purposes, Business/Corporate English, English language literacy and for pleasure!
• English Language course teaching material developer for Virtual Classroom language training
• English Language tutoring experience of native-English speaking school children
• Previous experience as an English Language classroom teacher to non-native speakers in Castelo Branco and Covilhã, Portugal and in Perugia, Italy.
• Tutoring students for the Cambridge First Certificate, Advanced and Proficiency exams
• English Language copy editing and proofreading of websites, academic papers, arts funding proposals (arts), articles and academic theses.
• Assisting non-native English speaking professionals with presentations, emails, job and grant applications.
Freelance Online English Language Tutor/Trainer with Learnlight & Global English (7 years)
• As an experienced Learnlight English Tutor, I prepared needs-led lessons utilising both the Learnlight Platform and independently resourced material
• I conducted these one-to-one and group speaking sessions online
• I provided session reports/comprehensive written feedback of class for each lesson.
• I guided adult non-native speakers through the psychological challenges of overcoming the anxiety and frustrations of foreign language learning
MSc Experimental Psychology, University of Sussex
BSc Occupational Therapy, Brunel University
TESOL Certificate, London (Teaching English as a Foreign Language; based on the Trinity College model), London, 2000
Learning English with Nessy is very easy and enjoyable. She has been my tutor for four years and every day was different. Her way to guide the session makes you improve your skills very quickly and makes you better expressing yourself with fluently with hardly any effort.
Nessy is kind, gentle and an all round wonderful person. I highly recommend her as a tutor - she is brilliant!
Nessy has more than 7 years of teaching experience. What makes her stand out of the crowd are her technical abilities and wide range of teaching techniques she has mastered to work out the best solution for you. Nessy has helped me with proofreading legal documents and corrispondece making my communication skills more efficient and accurate. If you need to improve your pronanciation I definitely recommend her to you!
I have full confidence in Nessy's professional teaching skills! As an ESOL teacher myself, she is a true inspiration to me. I fully recommend her!
Nessy has an exceptional command of the English language and I have recommended her to many students seeking to learn English. She is very patient, dedicated and is successful in building language skills and confidence.
Nessy is a committed and responsible person. Will make your English apprenticeship a fulfillment discovery
Nessy is not just a wonderful teacher and English speaker. Nessy is able to make you love any English word because she is a poet, with a deep knowledge of the language, used for creating amazing form and content. Any lesson with her is like travelling. She is able to fit the lesson to your passions and interests. She is very professional and she loves her job. That’s why any improvement is granted and you will love every minute of your lesson with her. I love also her voice and her perfect pronunciation. If you really need to improve your English and in the meanwhile enjoy the time, I definitely recommend her.
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - english lessons for all!
Taking written expression - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£20|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£200|