I believe learning should be enjoyable and meaningful. I love teaching teenagers and young adults, especially at college/university level. My lessons are engaging and active because I love to have fun in the classroom and I believe this fosters learning.
I am passionate about teaching English Language and can effectively teach across many levels.
Almost ten years of classroom experience
CELTA and DELTA Qualified
Six years experience in University/Higher College
Three years experience with young learners
Teaching systems (grammar/vocabulary/pronunciation) and skills (reading/writing/speaking/listening/study skills)
I love using technology to teach and frequently use apps like Edmodo and Nearpod in the classroom.
My main strengths as a teacher are class rapport, dynamic lessons and facilitating independence.
Cancellation policy = charged for a 1 hour lesson if cancelled less than 24 hours before scheduled lesson.
Cambridge DELTA International House June 2015
Cambridge CELTA ILA Vietnam Nov 2009
BA Psychology and English LHUC June 1998
Jan 2016 – December 2018 HCT Men’s Abu Dhabi Instructor
A hard working and flexible, technology savvy teacher, with 9 years of English Language teaching employed to work on a Foundations English program:
• Teaching both General and Academic English to prepare students (aged 17 upwards) to take an IELTS or EmSAT (Emirati standardised test) examination so as to enter their chosen degree program once completed.
• Using a variety of educational technologies (Blackboard, Nearpod, Kahoot, Edmodo, Seppo) and dynamic classroom activities, responsible for planning diverse and engaging lessons focusing on reading, writing, vocabulary and grammar, in line with on-going and end of course assessment requirements.
• Responsible for administrative duties for each class, including attendance, grade entry, student comments and delivering online content (Blackboard and in-house system).
• Performed team leader duties on one of the program’s levels for an academic year, including being responsible for team meetings, co-ordinating teachers for each course, allocating teaching skills for each class and monitoring attendance entry and, Blackboard content management and grade entry.
• Contributed towards professional development across the program by delivering workshops to colleagues on Blackboard and Seppo, as well as creating Seppo activities for other college programmes (Academic Success Program).
Dec 2012 – December 2015 RMIT University English Instructor
An enthusiastic and dynamic teacher with almost 3 years of tertiary experience:
• Teaching Academic English in 2 different university preparation programs
• Vast experience with all intermediate+ levels, ages ranging from 18 – 25 years old
• DELTA qualified (Module 3 Specialism Blended Learning)
• Passionate about incorporating technology and blended learning (Module 3 specialism) using the LMS software Blackboard and Google apps (Drive, Chat, Mail, Sites).
• Wealth of experience with teaching both systems and skills in Academic English
• Contributed to across University Programs – L.E.A.P (Language Enhancement Across Programs). Responsible for conducting support workshops/drop-in sessions for Marketing Principles diploma/degree students
• Has made full use of communicative and task based learning approaches when planning active and engaging student-centred lessons
• Responsible for all administrative tasks associated with each class, including attendance and exam results.
• Provides in depth feedback on writing, utilising draft versions and marking codes to improve quality and promote learner autonomy.
Dec 2009 – Sep 2012 ILA Vietnam ESL Teacher
A highly motivated teacher employed by one of the leading language schools in HCMC, who gained a broad range of experience in the 3 years employed:
• 2 years of teaching General English across various levels for both young learners and adults
• 1 year teaching only IELTS / TOEFL to teenagers and adults
• Involved in non-teaching projects, including conducting workshops for ILA’s in house LMS (ILA Online), as well as designing resources for use with Promethean interactive whiteboards, using ActivInspire software.
• Responsible for all administration associated with each class, including attendance, marking and end of course results.
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, written comprehension - english lessons for all!
Taking oral comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£15||£15|