I have a competent understanding of how to deliver tutoring as during my A level studies I was homeschooled for part of my course. My study style is student-led by which I can help to fill knowledge gaps in areas that the student most struggles with. Moreover, during my own time, I am willing to mark past papers ready for the next session as by learning from the mark scheme the student can identify what the examiner is looking for.
Furthermore, my expertise in GIS and remote sensing is most beneficial as this is a new area within the field of geography and most importantly the school curriculum. I have the software downloaded onto my laptop and therefore can physically show how software's work rather than to just learn from a textbook.
I am a current Geography Student at Aberystwyth University, who will be graduating in May 2018. I relevant knowledge of Geography and Environmental Earth Sciences from GCSE to Degree Level. While undertaking my degree I have tailored my studies towards physical geography, completing relevant modules in GIS and remote sensing, rivers, glaciers, geomorphology, geology, as well as, undertaking a months fieldwork in New Zealand. While I am a specialised physical geographer, I have a competent understanding of human geographies such as economic development, social studies, politics and urban risk.
A highly driven, ambitious third year BSc (Hons) Geography student, at Aberystwyth University, with a keen interest in Geographical Information Systems and remote sensing techniques in order to assess social and environmental spatial data, in particular fluvial geomorphology and flood risk. I further wish to expand upon the GI skills and knowledge I have learnt, from both lectures and fieldwork undertaken in Elan Valley, Wales, and New Zealand, and expound on these on a specialised master’s degree scheme.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATION
Aberystwyth University, BSc (Hons) Geography: 2015 – 2018
• Awarded unconditional offer from entrance exam
• Expected 2:1/First
• Relevant modules: Geographical Information Systems, Earth Observation from Satellites and Aircraft, Analysis of Geographical Data (GIS – 92%), Dissertation.
King Edwards VI School, Lichfield: 2013 – 2015
A levels: Geography (B), Physical Education (C)
Home School Alevel in a year: Environmental Studies (D)
Wilnecote High School: 2008 – 2013
GCSEs: 2A*s, 8As, 1B - Maths (A) and English (A)
Sports Leaders UK Level 1 award in Sports Leadership (QCF)
RELEVANT VOLUNTEERING EXPERIENCE
Conversation Volunteer, RSPB Middleton Lakes: 2013 – 2014.
• As part of my volunteer section for my Gold Duke of Edinburgh, I volunteered my time at RSPB Middleton Lakes as a conservationist.
• Conducting field surveys to collect data regarding populations and distributions of birds and further inputting these onto a Microsoft Excel document.
• Ensuring compliance with environmental legislation and keeping up to date with legislative developments.
OTHER WORK EXPERIENCE
Waitress at The Owl, Tamworth and Lichfield: 2015.
• By having two jobs, this has enabled me to manage my work time effectively.
• Responsibility for looking and attending the needs of guests and informing them of any special offers the restaurant had to offer.
Sports Advisor at Decathlon Tamworth: May, 2016 – September, 2016.
• Founder Sports Advisor for the store opening – May 2016
• Negotiating with external service providers and suppliers
Lifeguard at Snowdome, Tamworth: 2014 – 2017.
• Ability to work in both a quiet, casual swim environment to a hectic inflatable session.
• Ability to work individually and in a team setting.
Aberystwyth University: Geography Academic Representative: 2016/2017 and 2017/2018.
• To ensure that students on my course have the best student experience.
• Create online surveys to obtain feedback about modules provided to students.
• Meet with Institute Managers and Directors at Student Council meetings to share their experiences and ideas for improvement.
• Liaise with lecturers to arrange extra feedback on assignments to improve learning outcomes.
President: Aberystwyth University Sea Rowing Club: 2017/2018
• Forward thinking in order to aid the development of the club with both the University and the Aberystwyth Town Sea Rowing Club.
• To prioritise the safety of students – I make the final judgement whether students are allowed to row out at sea depending on onsite risk assessment and sea conditions.
• Act as a signatory for the Club in all legal and financial purposes and monitor the clubs bank account in particular payments made.
Vice-Captain (Women’s’ Captain): Aberystwyth University Sea Rowing Club: 2016/2017
• Captained Rowing in Varsity against Bangor University.
Instructor Cadet Warrant Officer: 1122 ‘Marmion’ Squadron, ATC: 2010 - 2017
• BTEC Level 2 Diploma: Aviation Studies, Team Work and Personal Development in the Community, Public Services.
• My role as a CWO is to help run activities such as Drill, Sports and Adventure Training at a local and regional level.
• Delegated Escort for high-ranking military personnel and members of the Royal Family.
• Completed Gold, Silver and Bronze Duke of Edinburgh scheme.
• A highly motivated sportswoman competing nationally for Wales and West England in swimming and hockey.
• IT – Competent use of ArcGIS 10.5, ERDAS Imagine, Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Firm understanding of email and internet software.
• First Aid at Work
• Full clean driving license
*Current DBS with the AIR CADET ORGANISATION*
geography lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest current affairs lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, geographical history lessons for all!
Taking geopolitics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|