I can confidently and competently teach A-level Geology and GCSE Geography to individuals and small groups. From my own experience, everyone has their own learning styles, which is why I take a student-centred learning approach: a style that promotes active engagement, focus and entertainment.
Geology and geography are applied subjects at their core, which is why I beleive case studies and real life examples are important in putting the subjects within a context that is relatable and understandable.
I am a high-acheiving BSc Geology graduate, formally awarded by PESGB, SWGA, SWGS, MinSoc and the School of Earth and Ocean Sciences at Cardiff University. My academic performance has developed for 5 years, culminating in a First Class Honors and the highest academic performance within my university school.
I have advanced knowledge in the fundamentals of geology and geography, and I am very enthusiastic about teaching those who are struggling, needing a little push, or simply want to learn more!
- BSc Geology (Cardiff University): First Class Honours
- Geology, Environmental Science, Physics (Richard Huish College)
- 10 GCSE's from A-C (West Somerset College)
- Petroleum Exploration Society of Great Britain (PESGB) Mapping Award
- Cardiff University Undergraduate Scholarship: Best Academic Performance (2019)
- Mineralogical Society of Great Britain and Ireland Student Award (MinSoc)
- Howard Bartlett Mapping Award (SWGA)
- St Andrews Geology Challenge winner
- South Wales Geological Society (SWGS) Best Academic Performance (2018)
- Peter Austin Geology Prize: Student of the Year (2017)
- Structural Geology
- Sedimentology and Stratigraphy
- Geological Hazards (Human and Physical)
- Geology of the British Isles
- 5 weeks of independent mapping, French Alps (+5 months of geological analysis).
- 1 week of intensive geological investigation, Cantabrian Mountains, Spain.
- 1 week of structural geology investigation, Luaca, Spain.
- 2 weeks of structural, lithological and mapping investigation, Isle of Arran, Scotland.
- 2 weeks of digital analysis and geological research based on field data, Cyprus.
- 2 weeks of independent research into basement fractures, Somerset and Glamorgan.
Jamie is a great tutor. He takes the time to discuss and explain areas that students may be struggling in but also has a great overall knowledge of the subject! He is easy to get along with and always helpful. Highly recommended!
geology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£20|
|5 hours||Not available||£95||£100|
|10 hours||Not available||£180||£200|