Speaking of learning methods, I'll adapt to whatever you need. This includes for example:
- learning with a standard teaching book of your choice, including the practice of grammar rules, spelling and comprehension, as well as pronounciation and emphasis
- reading English books together - both partners can read out and afterwards discuss the content
- conversations - including standard or job interviews, colloquial language etc. (for advanced learners: we can even constantly talk in English)
- working through podcasts or other online content
- help with other learning methods, e.g. vocabulary apps, tips and advice for usage
- lessons available in Edinburgh or via Skype (voice-only)
My name is Sophia and I relocated from Germany to Edinburgh to live and work there. Because my partner is learning German, I quickly found myself in the position of a language tutor - and it's pretty awesome :)
Since I am constantly exposed to the English language and I am familiar with teaching a language, I decided to start tutoring for English as well.
I have a strong motivation to improve my English. I am currently preparing for my C2 English exam (Cambridge Proficiency, CPE). As I am still in the situation of being a student of the language myself, I can relate to the struggles you might have. I can also provide a good range of tips for learning, based on my own experience. If you are interested, feel free to ask me for a lesson!
- Born in northern Germany; lived there for 25 years
- I graduated high school in 2012 (specialisations: German, English and Music/Art)
- Diploma in Physiotherapy 2017
- Worked in a private practice until I relocated to the UK in 2018
- I'm currently waiting for my European Professional Card registration, after that I'll continue to work as a physiotherapist, but I will also pursue my hobby of teaching German to you :-)
- Member of dict.cc, I am helping with recording correct pronounciations of German words
- currently working on my C2 English exam
- I also conducted some self-organized studies on Medical English, meaning I will be able to teach you a good variety of medical terms
Sophia is patient, understanding and has a genuine passion for teaching (and learning!). She's helped me immensely with my German studies and I'd have no hesitation in recommending her as a tutor to others.
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, written expression - english lessons for all!
Taking business english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£15|