There is a lot to take in when it comes to designing and constructing a garment and so much information can be confusing which is why I take an approachable approach to teaching. either a one to one session with information and techniques or classes with what you need learning from or a set class with bullet points of goals that will be reached during classes.
I am a womenswear designer with a degree in fashion design from UAL: London college of fashion
I also work as a technician at the university I graduated from.
I have assisted in teaching classes from secondary age range up to university degree level for UAL.
I have more than a years experience working in Fashion.
I have mostly worked for Luxury ready to wear fashion.
Creative Fashion Design graduate from London College of Fashion. Although all aspects of the process an idea goes through intrigues me my preoccupation is within research and designing. I have a DBS cert from my current employer UAL.
• Illustration - Strong drawing skills, confident with technical flats/fashion illustrations, neat handwriting, confident with presentation and layout. Developing prints/silhouettes through collage and drawing also experienced using Photoshop and illustrator.
• Design – Attention to detail, research and product development. Receptive to feedback and specification requirements. Collaborative spirit.
• Construction – Draping and pattern cutting. Fittings, sampling trimmings and details. Good fabric knowledge. Understanding of lay plan, specification and CAD.
• Sourcing – outgoing, flexible and willing to travel. knowledgeable of fabric/trims suppliers in London
• Graphics –Computer literate, Adobe illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Microsoft software's, Invoice, budgeting.
• Personal – Aware, Focused, Sociable and adaptable. Also, fast learner.
• (BA) Hons: Fashion Design Technology Womenswear | UAL: London College of Fashion | London | 2014-2018 (example units: Aesthetics and Identity, Design synthesis, Final Major Project)
• Extended Diploma in Art and Design | London | 2012-2014 (Grade: A*)
• UAL Level 3 Award in Drawing | London | 2014
• Pearson Level 3 Award in Fashion and Clothing | London | 2014
• 7 GCSE at Grades A-C including English, Math and Science | London
Administrative Assistant Immediate Theatre | London (2013) | General administration tasks, assisting team with prep for short courses at the university. Sourcing and running errands for various resources. Supporting Tutors. Writing, listening and communicating. Day to day tasks such as creating briefs using Microsoft and Adobe.
Sales Assistant at Greggs | London (2014-2017) | Sales, cashing up, setting up store, general upkeep, customer care, attending till, stock checks, some management responsibilities when closing up/openings.
Administration Assistant for LCF Short Courses | London (2017) | General administration tasks, assisting team with prep for short courses at the university. Sourcing and running errands for various resources. Supporting Tutors. Writing, listening and communicating. Day to day tasks such as creating briefs using Microsoft and Adobe.
Support Technician (2018) | London | oversee students working in design and machine rooms, aiding with construction, pattern cutting and machine queries.
LCF Outreach Graduate Ambassador | London | Presenting brief, providing advice and group tutorials with students. Giving Talks about degree course and Prospects.
Freelance Pattern Cutter (current) | London | Pattern cutting and sampling for various companies on order, working in house with the design team or from studio.
Design Studio intern for Preen by Thornton Bregazzi | London | Sourcing materials/Trims for sampling. Toiling, Tracing Patterns and alterations. Archive searches. Fittings and dressing models for show. Cutting fabric creating packs for machinists. Fabric checks and collections. General studio upkeep.
Production Assistant intern for Preen by Thornton Bregazzi | London | Sourcing, QC garments from various factories. Delivering samples and packs to factories. Stock inventory- fabric rolls, trims etc. Checking patterns, Ley plans and spec sheets. Garment alterations and fixing. Fabric Dying and testing.
Paid Graduate Design Internship at Vanda Jacintho | London | Sourcing, Errands, QC, Delivering samples and packs to factories. Stock inventory, Communicating with Manufactures and suppliers, researching ect.
INTERESTS AND ACHIEVMENTS
Collaborating on creative content to create interesting imagery for publication. Visiting design archives and exhibitions to understand garment development and construction also to observe fashions historic creators and their heritage and aesthetics.
Researching on sustainability for the future.
Recently presented a brief on behalf of LCF outreach program for a Burberry workshop on identity and British heritage.
REFERANCE: available upon request.
fashion design lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest sewing lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, sewing machinery lessons for all!
Taking knitting lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|