I am an approachable, friendly and empathetic individual who enjoys building excellent relationships with students to produce a positive classroom atmosphere that promotes learning and helps pupils to achieve their maximum potential in Humanities and to develop independent learning skills.
I am a highly qualified, engaging, approachable and passionate Humanities teacher, tutor and examiner with over 20 years’ experience teaching, tutoring and examining for AQA :OCR in a wide range of schools and subjects, both in the UK and overseas.
A-level - £35 per hour
GCSE - £30 per hour
KS3 - £25 per hour
Educational Working Experience:
January 2020 – July 2020: Teacher of KS4/KS3 Religious Studies, KS4/KS3 PSHE, Y12 Form Tutor. Wakefield Girls High School, Wentworth Street, Wakefield, West Yorkshire
September 2019 – December 2019: Middle School Coordinator and Teacher of English, History, Geography and Citizenship. Malherbe International School, Le Vesinet, France.
January 2019 – August 2019: Teacher of KS3 History / KS3 Religious Education,
Wakefield Girls High School, Wentworth Street, Wakefield, West Yorkshire
September 2018–December 2018. Teacher of GCSE / KS3 History / GCSE / KS3 Religious Studies, Queen Elizabeth Grammar School, Wakefield, West Yorkshire
April 2018–July 2018. Teacher of GCSE / KS3 Religious Studies and KS3 PSHE
Castleford Academy, Castleford, West Yorkshire
March 2018: Teacher of GCSE / KS3 History / KS3 English, Titus Salt Academy, Shipley
October 2017– February 2018. Teacher of GCSE / KS3 History / KS3 Religious Studies,
Featherstone Academy, Featherstone
September–October 2017. Teacher of A-Level / GCSE / KS3 History / KS3 Religious Studies,
Co-op Academy, Priesthorpe, Farsley, Leeds
August 2012–June 2017. Teacher of IB / Cambridge IGCSE / KS3 History. IB Extended Essay Supervisor. British International School of Jeddah, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
September 2003-August 2012: Teacher of A-Level / GCSE / KS3 History / Head of Careers Education Guidance, Silcoates School, Wrenthorpe, Wakefield.
January 2003–July 2003, Teacher of A Level /GCSE / KS3 History / Teacher of GCSE / KS3 English, Fulneck School, Pudsey
September 2002–December 2002, Teacher of KS3 English, Mirfield Free Grammar, Mirfield
September 1999–July 2002, Teacher of A Level / GCSE / KS3 History / KS3 English / Geography / Religious Studies, St Elphin’s Boarding School, Darley Dale, Derbyshire
Other relevant experience:
• July 2018 / July 2019: A-Level History Assessment Specialist, ‘American Revolution, 1740-1796’, OCR, Cambridge
• 2003-2012: A2/AS History Examiner, ‘European Reformation’, ‘19th Century Britain, France, USA’, AQA, Manchester
• 2000-2012: - A2/AS Level History Revision Tutor, Justin Craig Education
• 1999-2003: TEFL Teacher, Residential International Summer Schools teaching English to foreign students in England; organising and taking part in sporting events, evening activities and excursions.
• June 2020: ‘Prevent Covid-19’
• July 2019: : ‘A Level History Standardization’, ‘American Revolution, 1740-1796’, OCR
• January 2019: ‘High Performance Learning’, Deborah Eyre
• September 2018: ‘Behaviour Management’, Jason Bangbala
• July 2018: ‘A Level History Standardization’, ‘American Revolution, 1740-1796’, OCR
• December 2017: ‘6 Key Principles of a Successful Lesson’. INSET, Featherstone Academy.
• March 2017: ‘Updating the Secondary Learning Cycle’, INSET, BISJ, Jeddah
• February 2017, ‘NEASC Learning Principles’, INSET, BISJ, Jeddah
• November 2016, ‘Visible Learning and the Science of How We Learn’, INSET, BISJ, Jeddah
• October 2014, ‘History Route 2 IB Diploma Category 2 Workshop’, Philpot Education, Warsaw
• April- June 2014, ‘Teaching ESL students in mainstream classrooms’, INSET, BISJ, Jeddah
• May 2003 – May 2012: ‘A-Level History Standardization’, AQA
• 2007: Postgraduate Diploma, Victorian Studies, Leeds University
• 1999: Postgraduate Certificate of Education, Secondary History, Leeds University
• 1987: BA Honours Degree: Humanities (History and Politics), 2:1 Huddersfield University
• 1982: A-Levels: History (B), English Literature (C),Sociology (C)
• 1980: O-Levels: English Language (A), English Literature (A), History (B), Geography (B),
Mathematics (C), Biology (C).
history lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest geography lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, social skills lessons for all!
Taking religious studies lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|