I am a history graduate who can teach that subject up to A - level. I adapt my methods depending on each individual student and cater my lesson plans to meet the needs of each separate student. because this is the way that they learn best.
I have been tutoring for about 3 years now am currently working as a learning support assistant. I have both one to one experience and classroom based experience. I also have supported many SEN students and thus have the specific experience to help them learn.
• Learning Support Assistant, The UCL Academy, Swiss Cottage, London (September 2016 – present)
- Responsible for in – class support of numerous SEN students
- Supporting small groups of children out of the class completing assessments
- Implemented reward systems to encourage students to maintain good behavior and commitment in their lessons
- Prepared and delivered presentations to extra – curricular clubs for Black History Month
• Tutor, Explore Learning, Fulham, London (September 2015 – August 2016)
- was responsible for assisting a group of six 4 – 15 year old students with maths and English
- led additional content classes: 11+, ‘Creative Writing’ and ‘Succeed in Secondary’
- admitted children to and from centre; provided feedback to parents and other completed general admin tasks such as marking workbooks and inputting grades to a spreadsheet
• Tutor, Prime Tuition, Brixton, London (September 2014 – July 2015)
- was responsible for a group of six students at once
- had to manage my time equally between students (who would be studying different topics to each other)
- prepared students for SAT’s, GCSE and A-level English exams
- marked mock exams and devised my own lesson plans for GCSE English
• Queen Mary, University of London (BA History – 2:1)
- History: A
- Psychology: B
- Geography: C
AS Levels achieved:
- I.C.T: B
- English Literature: C
2 A*’s, 5 A’s, (including maths and English), 1 B, 1 C.
I really enjoy cooking and creating new recipes. I also enjoy listening to music and going running.
history lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest geography lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, geographical history lessons for all!
Taking geographical history lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£15||£15||Not available|
|5 hours||£70||£70||Not available|
|10 hours||£140||£140||Not available|