I based my class on student's understanding and assist them when they face difficulties. I provide enough exercises for students to practice and ensure they have understand the topic completely. I also try to make the class more interesting and fun to attend.
I am an engineer and I have 1 year experience of giving maths lessons. I have achieved a 1st Class Honours BEng in Mechanical Engineering at University of Exeter and I have finished a Msc Advanced Aeronautical Engineering degree at Imperial College London.
CHAN, Lok Chun ( Joseph )
I am a highly ambitious master student studying in Advanced Aeronautical Engineering at Imperial College London, United Kingdom and expected to graduate in 2020. I am determined, enthusiastic and love taking challenges.
2019- Present Wind tunnel research assistant
Assisting Dr Kevin Gouder at Imperial College to design and modify wind tunnel equipment, quick disconnect and turbulence generator, to improve the efficiency and performance.
• Model existing equipment into SolidWorks
• Modify the current design to improve its performance
• Generate working drawing and communicate with workshop technicians for manufacture
2016 – 2019 Formula Student and technical leader of the team, University of Exeter, UK
I have participated in the team for three academic years and have been the technical lead and sub team leader of the University of Exeter Formula Student Team. My main responsibility was to design and build the racing car.
• Designing suspension system and chassis using SolidWorks
• Conduct structural analysis and FEA using ANSYS
• Organising design tasks to different sub-group of the teams with colleagues of multi-language backgrounds
• Manufacture parts in the workshop using milling machine and lathe
• Create different Gantt chart and milestones to make sure we are keep on track to finish before the deadline
2019 – Present MSc Advanced Aeronautical Engineering, Imperial College London, UK
Modules included: Aerospace structure, Aeroservoelasticity, Aircraft design, and Airworthiness
2016 - 2019 BEng Mechanical Engineering (First-class Honours), University of Exeter, UK
Modulus included: Computational engineering, Structural dynamics and Thermofluid engineering
2020 Postgraduate individual research project
My postgraduate research project on conceptual and preliminary structural design of blended wing body focused on the “middle of market”.
• Understand conceptual aircraft design from the very beginning
• Understand the loading on varies part of the unconventional aircraft
• Create a MATLAB code to estimate the weight of the structure and the performance of the aircraft
• Ran simulation on different aerofoils and analyse their performance
2020 Aerospace structure design project – Preliminary structural design of a military transport aircraft
As a group, we were asked to design the primary structure of the aircraft, including spars and ribs of the wing box; stringers and frames of the fuselage.
• Understand the loading on varies part of the aircraft
• Create a MATLAB code to calculate the required structural parts
• Carried out optimisation between structural integrity and weight.
2018-2019 Undergraduate individual research project
My undergraduate research project on multidisciplinary optimisation of commercial aircraft by developing a three-dimensional optimisation program of a conceptual model using the NSGA ii algorithm and computational fluid dynamics (CFD).
• Carried out a CFD simulation on a conceptual design of a commercial aircraft using ANSYS
• Conducted wind tunnel experiments to valid my CFD results
• Established a NSGA ii optimisation program using MATLAB
• Presented it in UK Association for Computational Mechanics Conference 2019 in City University of London
• Awarded the Functional materials, manufacturing and management project prize in the department of engineering at University of Exeter
Jun-Aug, 2017 & Jul-Aug, 2018 Summer Intern at Green Monday Limited, Hong Kong, China
Worked in the project team and took part in Food Expo Hong Kong 2017 & 2018 as well as various projects including the take-over of restaurant venues, internal restaurant design and planning, renovation work and defect rectification, prior to the grand opening of new restaurant.
• Prioritise, handle and finish all assigned tasks
• Maintain work quality under pressure
• Attention to details to ensure the accuracy of work submitted
• Communication skills with various colleagues
• Communication skills with customers and end-users
Computer skills: SolidWorks, AutoCAD, Inventor, Catia V5, Ansys, MathLab, Xfoil, CFD, FEA
Practical skills: Machines operation (Milling machine, Lathe, drill, 3D printer, Laser cutter)
ADDITIONAL SKILLS & INTEREST
Computer skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office, SketchUp, Lightroom, Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
Languages: Native Cantonese, Proficiency in Spoken English and Mandarin, Excel in Written English and Chinese
Interests: Photography, Cycling, Triathlon, Piano, Chinese painting, Scuba diving
ACHIEVEMENT AND AWARDS
2019 Awarded Functional Materials, Manufacturing and Management Project prize, University of Exeter
2018 Scored the 47th position out of 81 Formula student teams in the 2019 Formula Student Competition, University of Exeter Formula Student Team
2016 Granted 25% of school scholarship in academic year of Form 6, Creative Secondary School
2015 Granted 100% of school scholarship in academic year of Form 5, Creative Secondary School
engineering lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest mechanical engineering lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, aeronautics lessons for all!
Taking mechanics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£10||£8|