Damon is a saxophonist, clarinettist and flautist living and working in London. He has performed at venues across the UK, including the Royal Albert Hall with the BBC Symphony Orchestra, Ronnie Scott`s Jazz Club, Vortex Jazz Club and The Sage Gateshead. He also works as a session musician, recently recording with the Spike Orchestra for their next album, as well as work for radio and television.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I teach Saxophone, Clarinet, Flute and Music Theory. I am happy to teach a variety of genres with those instruments, including classical music, jazz and pop; I think it's important for students to learn a variety of genres to help them be a more rounded musician and performer.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
2019 Master of Arts (Jazz Performance) - Merit - Royal Academy of Music
2016 BMus (Hons) Joint Principle Classical and Jazz - First Class - Royal College of Music
- How much do you charge?
£40 per hour lesson.
- Where do you teach?
I can travel to you.
- When are you available?
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday daytimes (until 5.30pm)
Sunday late afternoon/evenings
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
Beginners all the way up to professionals, any age!
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
ABRSM, both classical and jazz.
- What kind of experience do you have?
Woodwind Teacher at the Fulham Boys School (2015 - present)
Woodwind Teacher at the Chelsea Academy (2016 - 2017)
Woodwind Teacher at the Wandsworth Music Service (2016 - 2017)
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
I have an up to date Ehanced DBS check for my work in schools.
• Bachelors of Music with Honours - Royal College of Music
• Enhanced DBS Check
• Incorporated Society of Musicians; Fireworks Music School
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£40||Not available|