I am an Honours student at Glasgow University on course to graduate soundly with a graduate job already secured. I have acquired a vast grasp of legal knowledge and aim to simply pass this on to younger students needing some assistance with lessons or secondary school pupils needing help to prepare themselves properly for the LNAT.
My methodology is simple and primarily focuses on engagement - if the content can be made to sound interesting then it is easier to grasp and understand. I simplify difficult terms and can pass on my hints and tips, as well as looking over past papers and going through the correct approach to answer questions.
I have been given lessons for around 2 years now to students younger than me from my local area and also to a student interested in learning about UK law during my time on exchange in Scandinavia. I am an honours level student at the moment, and have just finished 2 summer placements with reputable Scottish and British legal firms, whilst securing a graduate job with Pinsent Masons, one of the largest firms in the UK.
I offer expert knowledge and teaching ability on existing Scots law subjects as well as preparation for the LNAT - a UCAS test requirement for some prestigious Scottish and British universities.
If travel distance is under 5km, cost of travel is £3 per visit.
If travel distance is between 5km-10km, cost of travel is £5 per visit.
The above is to cover fuel costs. If the parking that is available is 'pay and display' this charge will also be passed on to the bill payer on top of the existing travel tariff (if applicable).
Summer Placement, 07/2018 to present
Burness Paull LLP – Glasgow, Scotland
- A summer placement with the largest domestically based legal firm in Scotland working in the construction and planning team.
- Analysed and collated UK planning documentation such as collateral warranties and novation agreements.
- Wrote client letters and emails.
Summer Placement, 06/2018 to 07/2018
Pinsent Masons LLP – Glasgow, Scotland
- A summer placement with one of the largest law firms in the UK and the world working in the employment law team in Glasgow.
- Drafted documentation to be sent to the employment tribunal in the UK, such as witness statements and cost letters.
- Prepared case notes for senior solicitors and partners.
- Conducted legal research enquiries and wrote standardized employment contracts for multiple international jurisdictions.
Paralegal Intern, 06/2017 to 08/2017
Shanghai Barry Law Firm – Shanghai, China
- A 2-month internship with one of China’s leading corporate and employment law firms.
- Investigated facts and laws to determine causes of action and to help prepare cases.
- Prepared templates of legal documents to aid in ongoing client work, such as franchise agreements.
- Helped to draft Power of Attorneys.
- Researched topics in-depth regarding Chinese and Asian laws for Senior Partners, namely Chinese and Malaysian franchise law.
- Reviewed documents written in English before being sent out to clients.
- Acted as a ‘bridge’ to help clarify any misunderstandings over British law.
Operations Team Leader, 06/2015 to 06/2017
Waitrose – Milngavie, Scotland
- A high-end supermarket where I gained an insight into a fast-paced employment area.
- Progressed quickly from a normal Operations Partner into a Team Leader of Operations. This effectively gave me ‘shop floor’ managerial status, in charge of a small team of 6-8 people (depending on shift patterns) to meet targets.
- Assumed ownership over team productivity and managed workflow to meet or exceed quality service goals.
- Cross-trained and backed up other Operations Partners.
- Scheduled staff shifts to ensure balance was maintained throughout the week.
- Promptly responded to inquiries and requests from prospective customers.
- Maintained up-to-date knowledge of products and quickly analysed and processed deliveries upon arrival.
- Successfully operated within a small budget (£100 a week) to regularly order work-uniform for over 150 staff members, newly hired staff, and continual ‘wear-and-tear’.
Legal Internships, 06/2014 to 06/2014
Pinsent Masons – Glasgow, Scotland Gildeas Solicitors – Glasgow, Scotland
- A one-week placement in each of Pinsent Masons (corporate) and Gildeas Solicitors (criminal).
- Researched areas of law when required and presented the research when finished.
- Shadowed renowned solicitor Paul Kavanagh throughout my time at the High Court in Glasgow.
- Sat at the bench one day in Mr Kavanagh’s absence at the High Court and liaised with Senior Advocates.
- Analysed case reviews and summaries before presenting on the content.
LL.B. Law, 2015-2019
University of Glasgow – Scotland, United Kingdom
LL.B. Law, 2017-2018
University of Stockholm – Sweden (ERASMUS year)
Secondary Education 2008-2015
The High School of Glasgow – Scotland, United Kingdom
criminal law lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest public law lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, international law lessons for all!
Taking law general lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£28||Not available|
|5 hours||Not available||£125||Not available|
|10 hours||Not available||£230||Not available|