My lessons involve me asking first - What do you want to achieve? Rather than the textbook approach of throwing classical pieces at youngsters and boring chord sheets at students who want to learn metallica solos, I like to think that the aims, goals and ambitions of the player are the most key aspect to look at before anything else.
I'm a mostly self taught multi-instrumentalist with over 10 years of experience with music; I play many things at various levels of proficiency, but guitar and bass are what I'm most experienced with. Lessons are tailored to individuals since not everyone learns the same way.
I have been playing guitar for 6 years and have achieved a grade 6 certificate with Rockschool. I also have a UAL extended level 3 diploma in music. I teach lessons to anyone aged 8 years and up no matter what skill level they are. I teach people with special needs and learning difficulties and work with them so they can achieve their goal of playing the guitar.
- Which subject(s) do you teach? - I am currently teaching pupils of various ages electric and acoustic guitar from scratch, covering all aspects of musical theory, technical development, sight reading, session styles and live performance (from complete beginners to advanced).
My teaching method is to start by teaching the basics, such as strumming patterns. Then, we move on to basic chords. This is the stage that the student may come to me with simple songs they want to play, and I will teach them.
- Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach Classical, Electric and Acoustic Guitar. - Tell me about your qualifications. Teaching qualifications: Grade 8 Guitar, Yamaha Music Schools trained tutor, tutor for Hampshire Music Service and Wellington College (Crowthorne), Ex-tutor for Yamaha Music schools and Berkshire Maestro's and Thames Valley University.
I have nearly 20 years of experience recording and producing music in a recording studio, working with all types of different musicians and personalities. From this, I have learned a great deal about different types of music, time management, motivation and people skills, which I believe to be very important attributes to have as a teacher.
Rock & Rhythm is about learning to play Drums Bass or Guitar with a repertoire of great songs in so students can jam together or start a band.
Hello! I'm Sophie, a confident and experienced teacher, mentor and guide within the sphere of music and languages. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach music (guitar, piano, singing and songwriting) and languages (English and Russian). - Tell me about your qualifications.
There is no such thing as a definite approach. Andrea's approach is personalised to the needs of each student, based upon the following key factors: Age, Capabilities, Hours available for the student to practice at home, and the student's goals. It is not a secret among musicians that talent would be only the 10% of the whole, whilst the rest 90% is derived from student's systematic practice.
I am a professional bass player and have been teaching since 2004. I am a member of several bands, with whom I have toured nationally and internationally, playing gigs all around the UK and over thirty countries across Europe and Asia. I have played gigs in all genres - from jazz to acoustic pop, and funk to heavy metal.
Thousands of tutors can teach you Electric guitar,
find private lessons close to Reading.
Pick your own coach to help you learn electric guitar. Superprof will help you to find the most relevant tutor: we put together all the teachers skilled in electric guitar in Reading and close by.
Whether at home or in a classroom, take advantage of the close supervision in Reading by an experienced tutor. Improve your grades or your performance, refine your accent, work better and more efficiently with someone guiding you.