My lessons provide focussed and intensive support tailored around each student's personality, aims, and learning style. Depending on the timescale of our lessons (whether you are looking for one-off essay advice or support geared towards the achievement of long term goals), I will combine building necessary knowledge with the strengthening of core cognitive skills.
I'm a qualified primary teacher with a B.Ed from Trinity College Dublin, and currently completed an MSc in Psychology at the University of Gloucestershire. I provide lessons in all aspects of literacy and numeracy at a primary level, either one to one or in a group setting.
Enthusiastic, knowledgeable and qualified to teach all areas of the New Primary Curriculum, I provide interesting and engaging lessons designed to appeal to children aged between 5 and 11. I strongly believe that all children can progress given the right environment, and am pleased to be able to facilitate this.
- Classes Standard Membership - - Up to 2 tuition sessions per week. - Mapped to the National Curriculum. - A maths and English course created for your child's individual needs. - Parent feedback at the end of every session. - Regular in-depth Parent Meetings to discuss your child's progress. - No booking required - attend at any time during our opening hours.
20 years experience in teaching. - Which subject(s) do you teach? History, English, Politics, Religious Studies, Study Skills, Writing Skills and Research Skills. I can also proof read and offer help with writing skills and research skills. - Tell me about your qualifications.
- Classes Classes run as a 'drop in' sessions and students attend for about 30 minutes. - Ages and Levels Covered Students are usually of school age. Maths covers counting to calculus and English from phonics to precis - Opening Times Classes are on Monday and Thursday 3.30 - 5.30pm and run most weeks of the year.
- Classes Children are set a daily piece of individualised homework and attend class once or twice a week for about 25 minutes. - Ages and Levels Covered We currently have children between the age of 5 and 17 attending the centre. - Opening Times Tuesdays and Fridays throughout the year. Open between 3.15 and 5.15 (to arrive by 4.
I offer tuition in English to students of mainly secondary school age. I specialise in English Language and dyslexia. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach English Language and English Literature at all levels, including English Language A Level, English Literature A Level and English Language and Literature A Level.
As a sixth form student, I have taken my GCSE's, the exam set up is changing but English remains the same in the sense that its all about how you interpret words and whether you have the evidence to back up your opinions. I would strive to make my lessons fun, engaging and memorable. After all, come the exam you will want to remember as many points as usual.
I’m Steph, I attend the University of Exeter (studying Politics and International Relations) and I teach English to students right from primary school through to English Literature A-Level. Lesson structure is very much based upon the student and their aims: from guided reading through to discussion of textual interpretations and assisting with wider context.
I am a focussed individual determined to provide the best service to build and maintain new relationships. Building and sustaining a good rapport is at the heart of this, both with children and parents and I feel my excellent communication and listening skills help to achieve this target.
I am a friendly, professional and experienced tutor. I believe that the needs and aspirations of the student should lie at the heart of the learning experience and I tailor every session to meet the requirements of each individual. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach English as a Foreign Language, including IELTS preparation and I also teach ESOL (all levels).
As a professional working in training and coaching, I can adapt my teaching to suit a number of different learning styles, and have an understanding of key learning theories and how to get the most from my students.
I am a qualified secondary school teacher who has taught history up to A Level for the past two years. I recently left my job to move with my husband's work and to look after our new baby girl.
Offering preparation for Oxford and Cambridge entry interviews (& tests) including mature students, essay writing training, proof reading, improving your skills in analysing and annotating literary works, exam preparation (including exam time management),creative writing workshops for students and adults, improving speaking/writing English skills for foreign clients.
I offer English tuition to students of any ability and qualification level, from basic literacy skills up to A Level and International Baccalaureate qualifications. I tailor my style to suit the needs of the individual student and their input is vital when I structure my lessons. To me, there is no such thing as a 'wrong' answer and my approach is exploratory rather than didactic.
My classes are dramatic scenes. I have found that drama is a powerful tool of instruction whereby all that is taught remains fixed in the students' minds and, to a large extent, becomes a way of life. This is particularly handy when analyzing texts for tone, attitude and characterization. It's fun, it sticks hits all the points for which the examiner is looking.
My teacher method is note taking, recapping, testing lightly to begin with and building up from there. Bring colours are essential when revising aswell as minimal notetaking and sometimes even mental pictures.
- Classes Pop in sessions once or twice a week with tailored homework for every day in between. - Ages and Levels Covered Our students range in age from four to 16 and come from as far afield as Evesham and the Cotswolds. The majority of our students come from Bishop's Cleeve and Cheltenham. Currently we have students pre-school to pre-university levels. - Opening Times Monday: 3.30pm to 5.
Hello, i am 15 currently in my last year of school with target grades of B's, A's and A*'s. I teach any age from year 10 below. I prefer to tutor in History, English, Maths and Rs GCSE and like to make my lessons specific to you, need help with homework? that's what we'll focus on.. exam questions you struggle with? we'll crack them.
- Classes Every child starts at a level that suits them, determined by a simple diagnostic test completed at enrolment. They then proceed to master topics at their own pace, before moving on to the next level. Kumon students are always working at a level that is just right for them. They are provided with work to be completed on a daily basis and come to class once or twice a week.
My teaching method is through practical, play-based fun and games, working through a phonics scheme which builds on previous knowledge and understanding.
Individualised learning. Let's work out how you learn best and build on it. I aim to make your learning interesting and innovative. I can teach you "proper" English, help with exam preparation and help you learn and speak English you use everyday.
Through my substantial experience as a teacher and examiner I have come to believe that the chance to work one-to-one with a student enables them to come to a deeper understanding of their texts and to do justice to themselves in the examinations. - Which subject(s) do you teach? English and English Literature at GCSE, AS and A2. Art history at AS and A2. - Tell me about your qualifications.
With 22 years' experience as a successful tutor (11+ to Uni Thesis and Teacher Training), I know I will help you to achieve your best, and teach you how to learn faster and retain more by tapping into your enthusiasms. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach English, English Literature and related subjects and Philosophy & Ethics.
You can be the performer, public speaker or presenter you want to be. My aim is to address your concerns and reveal a strong, confident and talented individual. (concealed information) - Which subject(s) do you teach? - Audition Technique for Drama School - Public Speaking & Presenting - Monologue & Scene Practice - Drama. - Acting. - English. - Tell me about your qualifications.
- Classes Classes are of a drop-in nature, and children typically attend for around 20-30 minutes per subject. There are 2 classes a week on Wednesday afternoon and Saturday morning; children attend a minimum of one class per week but can attend twice a week. Children work independently on worksheets which have been tailored to their individual needs, and so there is no group-work at Kumon.
As an English teacher with 14 years' experience, I use a range of techniques to personalise my lessons to my students' needs. I am an examiner and have been a Head of Department so I have an excellent understanding of the curriculum and how to enable students to meet their potential. I am a passionate and dedicated English teacher with 13 years' experience.
I give private English Tuition to children at primary level. I work from home only as I have all my resources to hand. I will always keep parents updated with the progress their child has made. I am friendly, approachable and easy to talk to.
Thousands of tutors can teach you English,
find private lessons close to Cheltenham.
Pick your own coach to help you learn english. Superprof will help you to find the most relevant tutor: we put together all the teachers skilled in english in Cheltenham and close by.
Whether at home or in a classroom, take advantage of the close supervision in Cheltenham by an experienced tutor. Improve your grades or your performance, refine your accent, work better and more efficiently with someone guiding you.