As a tutor, I try to let my students guide the lesson and always focus on the areas they are having the most trouble with; my approach to the lessons varies, as I feel it is important to be flexible and adapt to the needs and preferences of the tutee.
I am proud of my excellent teaching methods and I am passionate about working with pupils to achieve success. - Which subject(s) do you teach? My specialised areas include Maths, Numerical Reasoning, Verbal reasoning and Non-Verbal Reasoning. - Tell me about your qualifications. I am professionally qualified as Master in Engineering (MEngg), Research (University College London).
Helping students learn and succeed in mathematics is my passion. I cover exam content and ask directed questions to ensure students apply their understanding to exam questions. I also teach students how to structure exam answers to ensure top marks. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach Mathematics and Further Mathematics - Tell me about your qualifications.
I am a dedicated and enthusiastic tutor based in North West London with over 10 years experience who has achieved extremely high success rates on a regular basis. I am a qualified teacher with an excellent track record of success with all my students - Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach Maths/Further Maths, Accounting, Physics and Chemistry - Tell me about your qualifications.
I understand that there is no one method fits all when it comes to teaching students especially with maths there are multiple ways of solving one problem, I would pick the method that would suit that individual student best.
- Teacher with over 20 years experience - Three As in Mathematics, Further Mathematics and Physics - BSc from Unversity College London. - MSc in education (maths & physics) from Fordham University, New York. - Which subject(s) do you teach? Mathematics (A Level and GCSE) Further Mathematics (A Level) Physics (A Level) Science (GCSE) - Tell me about your qualifications.
- Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and ICT. - Tell me about your qualifications. Master in Computer Science; Master in Education; Bachelor in Science (Maths,Physics). - How much do you charge? For Mathematics £30 per hour, and others £25 per hour.
- Classes We offer Maths and English programmes at the centre. - Ages and Levels Covered Children as young as three enrol at the centre although we have had two years olds at the centre too. At the same time we have 15 years old at the centre and although we offer Kumon to adults, adults take the work to complete the work at home. - Opening Times Monday and Thursday between 3.30pm - 6.00pm.
Hello, I'm Dan. I tutor Maths, Physics and related subjects at all levels. - Which subject(s) do you teach? Mathematics and Further Mathematics (A-Level to Key Stage 3, IB & EB) Physics (all levels up to university undergraduate) General Sciences (GCSE, IGCSE, KS2, KS3) Interview preparation - Tell me about your qualifications.
My teaching methodology is to not use jargon until I have explained everything in simple terms so that the concept is understood.
You are not born a mathematician, you become one. I believe there is no such thing as being bad at maths. It's about putting the foundations right in the first place and then building on them according to each person's inner rhythm. - Which subject(s) do you teach? Mathematics, Further Mathematics and Statistics from KS2 up to AS/A2 and IB.
I am a qualified teacher with a degree in mathematics. Through regular assessment and constant monitoring, I ensure that my students make good progress and achieve the exam success that they deserve. - Which subject(s) do you teach? Maths (KS3, GCSE and IGCSE) Statistics (GCSE) Maths and Further Maths (AS and A-Level) - Tell me about your qualifications.
Each tutorial is tailored to the individual. Weaknesses are highlights and concepts run through before going through practise questions and past papers to consolidate knowledge.
My teaching methodology is introducing key points in the subject. I challenge my students into asking questions as this is key for understanding. After each lesson I will give them a specific task in order to ensure their complete understanding of the subject. This could be a homework task or simply explaining what they have learnt to another student or adult.
My process of teaching is very collaborative. I focus on results for the long-term, so my lessons are always tailored to the individual. So, no matter if you have a gift for numbers or are falling behind, I can bring the best out of you. Every student will receive my utmost care and attention to exceed your expectations and deliver on your goals.
I find I can relate to students in a calm and patient manner and I have enjoyed helping them through difficulties with their subjects. I endeavour to find and solve the problems students have in their understanding to give them a firmer grasp of the topic in hand, with the benefits from this being increased confidence and improved results.
I have just finished year 13 and I'm excited to spend my summer tutoring younger pupils, between year 7 and year 13. With my A* in maths and my further maths A level, I am able to stretch the brightest students with extension work, and importantly explain the principles behind the concepts learnt in school rather than blindly applying methods.
My lessons focus on one topic at a time covering the general curriculum or specific topics where students require more help. The teaching style will be tailored ti the student, going through problem sheets or going through key concepts for example .
I teach based on understanding topics. With clever little tips and tricks which can make you exceed your learning.
- Classes Maths and/or English study sessions - Ages and Levels Covered Kumon is available for all ages from preschool to A level and beyond. - Opening Times Wednesday 3.30pm - 5.30pm Saturday 9.30am - 11.30am Students attend typicaaly for 30mins per subject. - Tuition Fees £30.00 registration £55.00 per month per single subject £50.
As a tutor I aim to pass on my passion for Mathematics onto my students, developing their understanding and appreciation for the subject. In my opinion this is the best way to learn as ideas become easier to remember and concepts become quicker to grasp, which will transpose into better grades and examination performances.
I'm Jay Jay a second year student at Kings College London on track to get a first in my Maths degree from there. I achieved A*AA in Maths, Physics and Geography respectively at A-level. Maths is almost entirely a logic based subject. My approach to teaching Maths is very simple: you just need to understand exactly what you're doing.
I am a full-time professional maths and physics tutor, with an ability to inspire and foster a love of learning (and have fun in the process!). - Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach Maths and Physics. - Tell me about your qualifications.
Maths, computing and the sciences underpin so much of our modern world - from online shopping to running the railways. I passionately believe that having a good grounding in these topics creates wider opportunities for people of all ages. - Which subject(s) do you teach? My principal subjects are Mathematics, Physics and Computing at GCSE and A-level. I also teach GCSE Chemistry.
- Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach Maths and Further Maths. - Tell me about your qualifications. I achieved Grade A both in Maths and Further Maths at A-level (both the marks were above 95%). - How much do you charge? I charge £15/h for low years Maths and £20/h for Further Maths (also negotiable).
- Classes We predominantly offer two types of classes: 1) 1-2-1 in home learning classes. This is where the tutor travels to your house. 2) Online tuition. This is when classes take place over the internet over Skype. This method is particularly good for those who want high quality tutoring but want to find something more affordable.
I believe that the best way for students to learn is though exercises and explaining very clearly the methodologies so that the student is able to follow and understand, subsequently demonstrating their ability. I am happy to teach anybody from GCSE level upwards and I will always provide new example questions, as well as providing new, interesting ways of tackling a subject.
In the past I have taught private lessons to students at GCSE level, and in these lessons my aim is not to revise what the student has gone over in school lessons; instead I aim to develop the student's understanding of the topic in general by exploring other ways of looking at it, or showing them new ways to learn about an area they may be struggling.
10 years of private tutoring experience to GCSE and A level students. I have passion for education and a strong academic background. I have expertise in the following: GCSE/IGCSE Maths and Additional Maths A level Maths(Core, Further, Mechanics, Statistics) Exam boards Edexcel, OCR, AQA, OCR Mei.
My teaching method is to first get students to understand the concepts fully and cover all specification points. Once all the concepts have been covered and understood I proceed to practice by doing past paper from a range of exam boards so that students have different perspectives on how to approach a question.
Thousands of tutors can teach you Further Maths,
find private lessons close to Barnet.
Pick your own coach to help you learn further maths. Superprof will help you to find the most relevant tutor: we put together all the teachers skilled in further maths in Barnet and close by.
Whether at home or in a classroom, take advantage of the close supervision in Barnet by an experienced tutor. Improve your grades or your performance, refine your accent, work better and more efficiently with someone guiding you.