I am able to tutor GCSE, A-level and university level students (B.A and postgraduates).
Engaging, well-prepared tutoring sessions that will help improve the student's comprehension of the subject. Learning through fun exercises and dialogue using internet-based resources, textbooks and videos.
I work as a Paralegal at a law firm and as a Resident Advisor in student halls.
Have been tutoring for three years in the subjects of Spanish, Law, Politics, International Relations and History. Very involved with sports; ex-Real Madrid player.
Sept 2016 – May 2019 University College of London, London LLB Hons (Predicted High 2:1)
- Developed a particular interest for Public Law and more specifically in the repercussions of Brexit for immigrants, the constitutional separation of powers between the branches of the government and the Conservative Party’s proposal to repeal the Human Rights Act.
- Developed an interest for EU Law and Tort Law in my second year. Especially compelled by the ECJ’s and ECtHR’s jurisprudence regarding social rights and the ECJ’s accession to the ECtHR.
- Focused on Public International law, Access to Justice and Human Rights in the UK in my final year. Research paper on the legal status of self-determination referendums [by European peoples without a state] organised without the consent of the home state: An exploration of state practice and opinio juris within the European Union.
- Top scorer for the UCL Faculty of Laws football team.
Sept 2015 – June 2016 Leiden University, Leiden, The Netherlands Advanced LLM (High 2:1)
- International and European Human Rights Law.
- Recipient of the Leiden Excellence Scholarship.
- Developed a special interest in a wide variety of fields including Children’s Rights, Human Rights in the European and International systems, Discrimination Law, Security and Human Rights and Legal and Non-Legal Strategies to implement human rights.
- Wrote a thesis which concluded that Spain’s gag laws contravened the rights to freedom of expression and free association as encompassed in the ECHR and ICCPR. The thesis determined that owing to the wide powers these laws conferred to the police, their use of force during peaceful demonstrations was frequently disproportionate.
- Very involved in extra-curricular activities such as volunteering for Amnesty International Leiden.
Sept 2011 – June 2015 University of Delaware, Newark, USA B.A. (High 2:1)
- International Relations, concentrating on diplomacy, regional specialization in Latin America and Minor in Latin American and Iberian Studies.
- Recipient of a full sports scholarship. Captain of the University of Delaware varsity men’s football team and voted Most Valuable Player. Voted to the Colonial Athletic Association-All Academic team. Enhanced leadership skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Studied subjects with a strong emphasis on political science, economy, diplomacy, languages, and history. Chose to include French and Italian in my course of study. Developed abilities including public speaking, writing clearly and concisely and researching a wide variety of political topics in detail.
- Worked as a personal tutor for student-athletes. Taught history, politics, French, Spanish and psychology. Condensed complicated information into understandable and concise material. Worked as a coach for an under-9 girls football team. Improved experience working with minors.
Nov 2018—March 2019 UCL Centre for Access to Justice, London Student Assistant
- Researching housing law matters and helping vulnerable clients secure priority positions in the housing register.
- Communicating with local councils, landlords, GPs and NGOs.
- Managing client files and legal aid applications.
- Interviewing clients and drafting skeleton arguments.
May 2016 – June 2016 VICE (News outlet) Spain, Barcelona Journalist
- Writing an article regarding violations of children’s rights in the context of youth elite sports clubs. This went viral and was published in South Korea, Colombia, Venezuela, Mexico, Spain, USA, Italy, The Netherlands, Greece, Turkey, Hungary, Poland, and France. Improved written communication skills.
- Speaking about the issues presented in the article: Interviews for El Larguero (Cadena SER), a Spanish national radio programme with millions of listeners. Interviews with journalists from the USA, Australia, and Europe in order to raise awareness. Enhanced public speaking skills.
May 2016 Conference 50 years ICCPR and ICESCR, Leiden, The Netherlands Moderator
- Moderating the questions directed at Prof. Nico Schrijver (a member of the UNCESCR) and Prof. Kees Flinterman (former member of the UNHRC). Improved verbal communication skills.
Sept 2015 – June 2016 Amnesty International, Leiden, The Netherlands Columnist
- Writing columns about: Human rights activism in Palestine; The detention and imprisonment of Palestinian children in the West Bank; Women’s rights and the CEDAW; The costly war in Gaza; Gender violence in Spain.
- Improved ability to condense complicated information in concise columns of 500-600 words.
June 2014 – July 2014 Lylac Youth Work Center, Bethlehem, West Bank Volunteer
- Working as part of a team of volunteers. Cohabitated with a family of refugees in the Dheisheh refugee camp.
- Organizing social activities and events and teaching Spanish and English to refugee children aged 5-13.
- Presenting on Spain’s political arena to a group of 30 Campus in Camps Palestinian members and leading a discussion about the independentist movements in Spain. Improved public speaking skills.
- Translating the organization’s website into Spanish and improving the English translation.
- Improved knowledge about a Palestinian refugee’s issues such as the imprisonment of minors.
Dec 2018 – Present Tuckers Solicitors, London Paralegal
- Researching a variety of topics, including the vicarious liability of FMEs acting on behalf of the police, the validity and reliability of violent extremism risk assessment programmes (ERG 22+), racial discrimination under the Equality Act 2010, and other human rights related issues.
- Filling out legal aid applications and administering the client’s files; assisting with the bundling and the general management of cases.
- Experience managing multiparty claims and maintaining contact with clients and other third parties including local authorities, NGOs, GPs, journalists, etc.
Jan 2017 – June 2019 University of London Accommodation, London Resident Advisor
- Working as part of a team of 15 Resident Advisors ensuring the well-being of 1200 students
- Coordinating logistics, support and publicising of events directed at residents.
- Attending regular meetings with the Warden, scheduling and discussing upcoming events.
- Completing and filing of duty reports during or following each duty shift.
- Reporting any concerns about student welfare, either general or individual, to the Warden, and keeping the Warden fully informed of their activities within the Hall.
- Improved event planning, administrative, teamworking and customer service skills.
Sept 2016 – June 2019 ATG Company, Playhouse Theatre, London Front of House Staff
- Working as part of the front of house team to ensure the smooth operation of the venue.
- Greeting and welcoming patrons to the venue and providing administrative support with ticket booking conflicts.
- Coordinating and preparing orders for the patrons and taking the orders to the patron’s seats.
- Enhanced my teamworking, administrative and customer service skills.
- Native in Spanish and fluent in English, both written and spoken. Proficient in French and Italian, both written and spoken. Basic level in German.
- Emergency First Responder (CPR and AED).
- Good command of Microsoft Office Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Access.
- Selected to the Dean’s List in 2013, 2014 and 2015 (only for students who achieved a High 2:1 or above).
- Played for the Real Madrid, AC Milan and Tenerife youth football teams.
spanish lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - spanish lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - spanish lessons for all!
Taking oral comprehension - spanish lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|