I like to make my lessons as fun and interactive as possible, with loads of questions, quizzes and small games. Also, I think independent learning is important too, so the lesson would also include discussions on the topic and the student can ask questions from his own research on the topic.
My first contact with teaching began 5 years ago, and since then I have worked with over 50 students. I was firstly a mentor at a charity school, where I was assigned to groups of 10 students aged between 8-12. Laura organized weekly seminars that broadly introduced subjects including Engineering, Art, and Geometry. In the last 2 years, I have served as a private university consultant for 5 high-achieving high-school students in New Zealand. I was also tutoring some 12 other students in Maths, Economics and Sciences. Up until recently, I was also a senior mentor and founder at an education start-up that taught English and writing skills to a Chinese audience.
London School of Economics and Political Sciences (LSE) London, UK BSc in Economics (predicted 2:1) 2017-2020
• Relevant modules: Applied Econometric Analysis, Principles of Finance, Development Economics, Mathematical Methods (1st), Statistical Methods (1st), Russian (2:1), Psychology (2:1), Principles of Econometrics (higher)(2:2), Macroeconomics (2:1)
Newham Sixth Form College London, UK A-levels and GCSE 2015-2017
• Achieved A*A*AA in A-level Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and Further Maths and 5 GCSEs all A*-A
Luca’s School of Writing for Literature and Social Sciences | Co-Founder & Lead Tutor London, UK, 2018-present
• Created an online English academy/university consultancy that teaches a co-designed broad-spectrum
writing course founded upon cognitive learning principles, which grew to have 150 students in one year.
• Reached more experienced educators on LinkedIn for collaboration and managed to secure a resource-sharing agreement with a Singapore-based startup: Pine Tree Academy,
• Led operations on supply-side economics (HR/training), strategy coordination, which resulted in a network of employees from 5 countries, an influx of students from 3 countries, and a package-based pricing system to cover the time-zones and price demand.
Consalcom | Sales/Marketing Intern Chisinau, Moldova, 2019
• Researched and identified new opportunities/clients to form contracts and distribute our products, especially with a focus on the HoReCa sector in which the company’s presence was limited. This resulted in the company becoming a distributor for several hotels in the capital.
• Designed posters and advertisements for our newly introduced products, both on social media and for in-supermarket advertisement
• Reported any news and changes in the market, such as potential competition, the commercial state of our clients and sponsors, as well as political changes that could affect the demand.
Tutorean | Education Consultant London, UK, 2018
• Worked alongside the company CEO and Head of Growth daily to dramatically improve customer happiness
and retention by cold-pitching, securing 70% of “passive” customers who only signed up to the newsletter.
• Reached out to a database of 180 parents, students and tutors to manage all the requests and facilitate
communications. I have managed to memorise the names and requirements of every person, so I could form
great client relationships beyond formalities.
• Implemented Excel in my daily tasks to present the client data in a compact format and update the each’s statistics
IntoUniversity | Mentor London, UK, 2016
• Introduced new topics of interest to groups of 30+ students from deprived households, ranging from sciences
and engineering to literature. Also provided homework support and organised group-learning activities, which boosted the students’ confidence in debating and improved their school achievements for most.
LSE Enactus Consulting | Commerce & Finance London, present • Implemented innovative ideas to raise money for consulting projects, such as forming an online LSE
marketplace for book, furniture, clothing sales with an expected profit over £500. Organised fundraising/ social events such as bake sales, entrepreneurship competitions and speaker events while overseeing the budgeting and profit aims for each.
NewVIc Debate Society | Team-leader London,UK, 2017 • Researched and debated current issues on a weekly basis and led my own debate team to inter-grades debates
Oxford Wad-Ham Humanities and Social Sciences Programme| Participant London, UK, 2016 • Led discussions and submitted undergraduate-level essays on topics such as democracy and ancient societies.
Drama Society | Actor/writer Moldova, 2011-15 • Acted, co-wrote plays/scripts and recruited new members for two shows/year with 500+ people in audience
Skills and Interests
• Language: Romanian (native), English (fluent), Russian (conversant), Mandarin (beginner) • Computer: Excel, Tableau, Stata, Microsoft Word and Power-Point
Laura has helped me a lot in GCSE Biology, Chemistry and Maths and thanks to her I was able to get from B's to A's. Also I used to hate maths a lot but her lessons were so fun and she is so passionate about teaching maths that I slowly became more excited about it too!
I have had GCSE maths lessons with Laura for more than half a year and she was one of the best tutors I have ever encountered. She always had faith in me and that really helped me believe in myself. She is really kind and smart and I really hope I can have lessons with her again in the future. I have started learning maths with a grade D but raised up to a B thanks to her. She makes you feel at ease and creates a friendly atmosphere.
biology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cellular biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, genetics lessons for all!
Taking physiology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£25||£25|