I am passionate about music education and believe that every student is unique and deserves the very best in teaching care and support.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
Piano and music theory/musicianship
- Tell me about your qualifications.
MA,BA,Cert Ed, PG Cert ED Studies.FColT,FRSA. Currently undertaking doctoral research into music education at IOE,University of London.
- How much do you charge?
£14 half hour lesson, £25 for 1 hour lesson. Happy to take 2 children together for the price of one.
- Where do you teach?
SW11 Battersea,Tooting, Streatham, Clapham & Wandsworth,Wimbledon,The City, Crystal Palace,Dulwich,Norwood. Willing to travel provided easily reached on public transport.
Lessons in your own home are at no additional cost.
- When are you available?
I broadly follow the school academic year but open to other times. Weekends, lessons before or after School hours and lessons in your own home (no extra cost)
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
Youngest so far 3 oldest 81! Mostly 6 upwards (many adult students)
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
I use London College of Music,Trinity & Associated Board and have had students reading Open University Music Degrees.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
Theory by e mail/post. Have Skype but not had occasion to use it for this yet!
- Do you have a personal message for students?
Every one has the ability to play a musical instrument and to understand music theory. Age is not a barrier.
- What kind of experience do you have?
30 years teaching experience and still loving it and the journey of discovery each day.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
Yes I have an advanced CRB cert (conditional requirement to be listed by ISM Professional teaching register) also one with Wandsworth Council.
- Where and with whom did you train?
Studied Southampton University with Jonathan Rees Williams,then postgraduate studies with Sir George Thalben -Ball,(Temple Church,London )Dr Christopher Dearnley,(St. Paul's Cathedral),Professor Gordon Phillips (London College of Music),Professor Arthur Hutchings (University of Durham).
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
Incorporated Society of Musicians
European Music Union
- Tell me about some of your current students.
4 Oxbridge music scholars to date. 87% of students during past 11 years have gained merit or distinction passes in examinations.
• MA, BA
• Cert ED (Music) PG Cert Ed Studies QTS F Col T FGMS
• Advanced CRB
• ISM professional register teachers
music lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|