I have experience working with preschool and kindergarten-age students. I have also tutored middle school students in reading, as well as high school students. Through these tutoring and counseling positions, I have learned how to best teach each age group. For example, I created songs to teach my three-year-old campers the camp rules, but I gave my high school student daily quizzes to help her prepare for exams.
I am passionate about helping students improve in all academic subjects. I still remember my excitement when my calculus student received her first “A” on a quiz! I am confident that my passion and experience are the qualities you are looking for in a tutor. Thank you so much for your time and consideration.
I have extensive tutoring experience in a variety of fields. I have taught various students ranging from ages 6 to 17. I have tutored in English as well as Calculus. I have helped students learn to analyze literature, write essays, understand historical events, and graph parabolas. I am adept at creating study materials in a variety of academic subjects to help students improve their test scores and GPAs. My strong interpersonal skills in working with students to help them achieve and succeed within their time frame.
IB Maths Tutor, Summer 2019
- Created worksheets and practice quizzes to help IB students prepare for exams in Maths HL.
- Succeeded in helping students raise their grades an average of 30%.
- Interacted with student's calculus teachers to develop their personal curriculum and practice tests for my students.
Legal Assistant, June - August 2017
- Worked as a Mandarin Chinese to English Translator for Legal Firm YingKe Law Firm
- Received award for 'Most dedicated Intern'
International College of Spain, Madrid, Spain
English Tutor, Sept 2016- May 2017, Madrid, Spain
- Tutored 12 honors English students to prepare them for the IB English exam.
- Helped half the students achieve the highest score (a “7”) on the exam, while the others scored at least a “5” or “6” (above average).
- Identified the needs of learners and if necessary adapted course content and delivery style to meet their needs
- Assisted with homework and other class assignments
Camp Monitor, June 2016- July 2016
- Supervised students from ages 3 to 12.
- Monitored, assessed, and remediated student performance
academic tutoring lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest school support lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, methodology lessons for all!
Taking school coaching lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£12|