I based my teaching methodology on the student's weakness after a thorough assessment. I teach based on the interest of the child, incorporating life experiences which they find interesting and luckily you can see chemistry in everything that's quite helpful.
I'm an Environmental management student with over 9 years in teaching and research in Chemistry. I have a bachelor's degree in industrial chemistry and a master's degree in environmental chemistry. I have taught chemistry both at secondary and tertiary level.
83 Brighton Grove, Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear NE4 5NT | H: +(concealed information)08 | (concealed information)
2021 - 2023 M.Sc. Environmental Management, Teesside University, Middlesbrough
2015 - 2017 M.Tech. Environmental Chemistry, Federal University of Technology Akure
2007 - 2012 B.Sc. Industrial Chemistry, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Osun State
2000 - 2006 W.A.S.S.C.E. Federal University of Technology, Akure, Ondo State
Career History and Professional Experience
February 2020 - Oct 2020 Quality Control Officer, Omnik Limited, Lagos
• Effectively worked day and night shifts in a team of 5 to organize and monitor production operations and operators which has enhanced my interpersonal and communication skills.
• Initiated and strategically planned schedules of monitoring for each control officer to ensure that all machines are equally attended to.
• Experienced in storekeeping using stockroom systems to effective supply customer’s orders.
• Collected and tested samples from manufacturing and other handling processes with rapt attention to details to ensure products meet the essential requirements.
• Prepared reports that recorded parameters like time, length, thickness etc of the various plastic films produced from the machines for effective record keeping.
• Walked and stood for extended periods and participated in clean up and housekeeping.
Jan 2018 - July 2019 Chemistry Teacher, Model Secondary School, Akure
• Incorporated current mainstream news into lesson notes, a very innovative approach that encouraged interest and allowed engagement among the students
• Set and administered tests and examinations based on classroom interactions and real life occurrences to assess student’s proffered practical solutions to each situation. For example, in topics like separating techniques, scientific method, periodic table etc.
• Managed my busy schedule and commitments to coach and present the exceptional students for all competitions like Olympiad (National and International), STAN, NNPC, JETS, PZ chemistry etc with remarkable success despite the pressure.
July 2016 - Feb 2017 Quality Control Officer, Ciaco Foam (Ind) Limited, Akure
• Supervised the use of hazardous chemicals and raw materials to ensure adequate handling by the operators and produced quality products that are compliant to standards.
• Encouraged relationships with customers to increase customer base and boost consistency and retention for the PU foam products.
• Addressed customer inquiries and concerns to facilitate decision making and reduce hesitation.
• Identified and managed quality related risks that may impact the integrity of the manufacturing and cutting process and participated in audits to ensure compliance.
Mar 2011 - Feb 2012 Asst. Laboratory Technologist, Water Corporation, Akure
• Collected and analyzed samples including water, air, soil, food products and recorded day to day procedures, data and logging of results into a computer database.
• Handled and stored chemicals and other materials,
chemistry lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest organic chemistry lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, thermodynamics lessons for all!
Taking electrochemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£15||£10|