The most important aspect of screenwriting I emphasize is that what we do is SUBJECTIVE. If you walk into a room of people with an idea, the chances are not everyone is going to think it is amazing, but some people will.
When I teach this course, you will never hear me say your idea is not worth pursuing. We will instead dig into it from conception, to treatment, to detailed outline and then finally when you feel comfortable to move forward, PAGES! The fun part as a writer!
This course works only if you are willing to give yourself to it. Be active in workshops. Share your notes, share your questions. Be a good note taker. Try not to defend your work. Not every note you receive will be a good one that makes it into your script, but the odds are if someone has given you a note on something, there might be an area in your story you need to look at again.
I am here to guide you and help you finish your first feature screenplay!
I am a filmmaker/screenwriter who has completed his graduate degree in screenwriting in Los Angeles. I have experience with industry professionals working on independent projects and have learned the core requirements for what people look for in a feature length screenplay.
Feature film (Thesis)
Sci-Fi Action Adventure
Logline: A time travel tour guide loses a tourist on one of his time tours and must find the missing person in order to keep himself on track for a coveted promotion.
THE BRITISH EXPEDITIONARY FORCE
Logline: Johnny Morrison, a young farmer from the English countryside, is thrust into the darkness of World War One with his companions and must overcome the greatest of dangers in order to survive the hell he has enlisted in.
Logline: A young security guard looking for answers about his father's disappearance finds himself thrust into an underground world of thieves and corruption he never knew existed.
Logline: In the year 3051, a washed up Royal Human Empire Commando, now in charge of a lowly spaceship that makes deodorizers, narrates the story of how he ended up being retired.
First lesson is free and will aim to identify exactly what the student needs in terms of this course. Every course is tailored to the student individually.
If the student is just looking to brush up on industry formatting of screenplays, or needs refreshers on character studies, or scene studies or any topic pertaining to screenwriting in particular, they may book as needed.
If a student wants to do the advanced course, which will be 20 lessons including homework, the student can go from concept to a full industry standard screenplay which they will be able to pitch to potential investors. This is often the hardest step for first time writers, so it will be a detailed walk through including how to pitch your screenplay. The 20 lessons will be priced at £15/hr and can be paid at once for £300.
CREATIVE STRATEGY INTERN - PLUS ULTRA STUDIOS
- Responsible for researching and compiling lists of Agencies for outreach.
- Build a functioning platform for Plus Ultra to start taking clients on the West Coast of America, primarily focusing on Los Angeles.
- Conduct market research to be gathered and presented to the sales team.
- Compile crew contact lists for productions
- Identify and research potential clients for outreach.
- Read and edit scripts for production.
- Conceptualize, research and outline original stories beat by beat.
- Write or adapt existing stories into a script.
- Write treatments that can be presented to prospective buyers and producers.
- Develop interesting multi-dimensional characters for the screen.
- Weave together Visual elements in scenes with plot and dialogue.
- Develop screenplays for production - Short Films, Features and TV Pilots
- Pitch to potential investors and collaborators
- Oversee pre-production, production and post-production process
- Provide a platform for a collaborative, welcoming experience on-set
- Responsible for hiring and assembling production teams
- Manage budget and logistics from start to finish
- Arrange and conduct auditions to identify talent for projects
- Create effective crowdfunding campaigns with realistic goals
- Research potential festivals for submission
- Create Press Kits for project
RUTGERS, THE STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW JERSEY, USA
- Bachelor's Degree in Sociology
- Magna Cum Laude - Graduated with Honours
- French Minor
NEW YORK FILM ACADEMY, LOS ANGELES
- Master's degree in the Fine Art of Screenwriting
- Emphasis on Visual Storytelling
- Focus on Writing for Feature Films and Television Pilots
- Proficiency in Analyzing Screenplays and Writing Coverage
- Broaden knowledge through Cinema Studies looking at the History of Film
Kurt has a mind for crafting mind-blowing stories. I was impressed at how concise and composed his scripts are when reading amongst other screenwriters. I trust his judgment when it comes to stories, even sending him some of my stories to proofread.
cinema lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest production lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, script writing for film lessons for all!
Taking audio-visual arts lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£25|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£125|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£250|