My teaching method is a responsive to the student's need. I believe it is my job to engage you and be able to relate content to you so that you can understand and absorb. I will first listen to what you think you are struggling with and identify what you hope to get out of our session. Then step by step I will break down what the overall process is for you to achieve your goal and we will practice each step as we go along. I will help you to be able to direct your own learning through consulting you on your strengths and weaknesses and where there is room for improvement and how to improve. Above all I will do this in a positive and encouraging fashion where questions are welcome!
I am a Master's Graduate and have written a highly marked 48,000 word thesis. I have experience working as a Tutor in Social Sciences and have also worked at a University Learning Centre, where I taught skills such as essay writing, effective reading, exam technique and English as a second language.
Free cancellation with up to 24 hours notice, 50% due if cancellation within 24 hours.
Enthusiastic, results-driven professional with 8+ years’ working in the university environment, building exceptional relationships with students, faculty and stakeholders. Proven researcher with strong communication skills, as highlighted in 48,000-word Master’s Thesis in International Development. Strategic mind-set and always willing to learn, grow and improve on current practice.
• Natural and confident communicator
• Passionate about student experience
• Driving change through research
Nov 2017 – Apr 2018
Community Sales Consultant / Thornbury Nursing Services, Bristol, UK
• Building relationships through outbound sales and marketing calls.
Nov 2014 – Mar 2015 & Jan 2017 – Mar 2017
Enrolment Advisor / Victoria University of Wellington, NZ
• Enhanced student enrolment through implementing processes that cut our response time.
Nov 2014 – Mar 2015 & Jan 2017 – Mar 2017
Client Services Advisor / Victoria University of Wellington, NZ
• Promoted the University at varying events through public presentations.
• Ensured student’s felt supported through answering enquiries at social hub.
• Supported other University departments, i.e. helping with the annual student survey.
Feb 2015 – Jun 2015 & Feb 2016 – Jun 2016
Geography Tutor / Victoria University of Wellington, NZ
• Delivered complex information in fun and accessible ways.
• Nominated for the University’s ‘Top Tutor Award’.
Mar 2015 – Nov 2015
Peer Writer / Victoria University of Wellington, NZ
• Regularly improved student performance by 10% (e.g. B- to B+) in as little as 2 consultations.
Jul 2010 – March 2013
Vice President, Campus Communications / AIESEC International, NZ
• Orchestrated 5-day student conferences with 150+ delegates.
2014 - 2016
Master’s Degree - Development / Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
Merit (1st class UK equivalent)
Finding creative solutions to alleviate poverty. Crafting this Thesis required analysing 200+ academic texts and collecting and collating data acquired through interviewing, field trips and facilitating focus groups.
2010 - 2014
Bachelor of Arts Degree / Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
GPA 3.4 (2:1 UK equivalent)
Majors: Development Studies and International Relations.
New Zealand Underwater Rugby Representative
Campus Coach/ Victoria University of Wellington Student’s Association, NZ
• Mentored 1st year students and helped them to integrate into university life.
2010 – 2013
Student Representative / Victoria University of Wellington Student’s Association, NZ
• Voted as Student Representative for several classes, representing my peers when liaising with faculty.
2008 - 2009
New Zealand Representative in France / AFS Intercultural Programs
• Awarded $9,500 ‘Friends of AFS’ Scholarship.
I know Natasha as she’s my second cousin. When I was younger she would be coming to my house frequently to help me with my reading skills, she was a great help with my reading comprehension and adapted her teaching to my learning ability, explaining things clearly and making sure I understood.
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest test prep lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, dissertation and thesis preparation lessons for all!
Taking dissertation lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|