I have an in depth knowledge of chemistry and can teach from A-level downwards. I know each student learns differently and can adapt lessons and how I teach to each individual student. I understand how frustrating chemistry can be.
As of June 2018 I will have completed my 4th year out of my 5 year integrated masters degree from the University of Edinburgh. I am on course for a 1st in my degree and have a passion for chemistry
Leah Clare Walker
Home Address: 5 Downshire Park South, Hillsborough, Northern Ireland, BT266RT
Term Address: Rambla Nova 104, Segundo, Tarragona, España, 43001
Telephone: + (concealed information)95
Email: (concealed information)
Date of Birth: 05/07/1995
A talented, assured and amicable chemistry student currently on her 4th year abroad in Tarragona, Spain working in the research group Chromatography, Environmental Applications. Seeking in the chemistry spectrum to further develop my knowledge and skills. A capable person with previous experience working as a crucial member of diverse teams where flexibility and adaptability was of paramount importance. Someone who will behave professionally and maturely by immersing themselves into all projects and challenges through determined hard work. A quick learner who isn’t averse to rapidly resolving problems through innovative effective ideas.
University of Edinburgh: September 2014 – Present
MSc Medicinal and Biological Chemistry
Chemistry 3A – 71 % A3
Chemistry 3B – 74 % A3
Chemistry 3P Practical and Transferrable Skills – 85 % A2
Chemistry 2: 71%-A3
Environmental Chemistry: 70%-A3
Materials Chemistry: 68%- B
Chemical Pharmacology 2: 67%-B
Chemistry 1B- 82%- A2
Chemistry 1A- 78%- A3
Origins and Diversity of Life- 68% -B
Medical Biology – 61%-B
Mathematics for Science and Engineering 1A- 64% -B
Mathematics for Science and Engineering 1B- 56% -C
Wallace High School, Northern Ireland: September 2007- June-2014
Biology – A*
Chemistry – A
Mathematics – A
AS English - B
Mathematics – A*
Additional Mathematics – A*
Double Award Science – A*A*
English Literature – A*
English Language – A*
ICT – A*
Art – A*
French – A
History - A
Key Skills Unit Award
Information Technology Level 3 – completed in spare time
• Role of influence as Deputy-House Captain and School prefect
• Fundamental member and captain of the school hockey team
• Accomplished Duke of Edinburgh Gold Award
• A2 ELE language qualification in Spanish, completed in spare time while living in Spain
Bar Staff - The National Piping Centre, Glasgow –August 2016
• Worked in a team of two people serving drinks in the Hospitality Tent of Piping Live Festival, which attracted on average 5,000 visitors per day.
• Gained experience working in pressurized fast paced environment and developed skills in making quick effective decisions.
• Expanded interpersonal communication skills whilst dealing with a diverse customer base from various countries across the globe.
Customer Sales Assistant - NEXT, Lisburn – July 2016
• Worked during the demanding summer sales event where my duties included assisting customers with clothing enquires and operated cash selling points.
• Gained experience in meeting and exceeding sales targets and goals of selected stock.
• Demonstrated innovative thinking and attentiveness to detail in producing and fashioning window and in shop displays effectively marketing products.
Customer Sales Assistant - GAME, Lisburn- November 2013-February 2014
• Temporary position to support sales team during busy Christmas and New Year period by maintaining stock levels and ensured shop floor was organized and orderly.
• Supported business with late-night game launch events by creating captivating exciting environment and endorsing supplementary extras.
• Gained experience in dealing with difficult frustrated customers while broadening problem-solving skills and appeasing problematic consumers
Skills and Interests
• Coached at Lisnagarvey Hockey Club with youth teams varying from ages 11-16.
• Proficient ICT skills, including all MS Office packages, Orginlab and Photoshop.
• Keen hiker and have scaled all of the Mourne Mountains and Wicklow mountain range.
• Enthusiastic chef who enjoys culinary experiments and preparing meals for elderly neighbours and local events.
• Passionate interest in health and fitness.
• Valid driving license with no endorsements.
chemistry lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.