I apply a methodical approach to teaching: discussing your desired steps to success and then formulating a tailored plan to achieve your goals. I am proficient in the English language and experienced in combining this with Business studies. Ultimately, the Business language is still English.
I achieved a first class degree from University and thereafter, gained fundamental experience as a General Manager of a small business. Being the team leader, I was tasked with teaching my staff who were variety of nationalities. I want to apply that same experience to tutoring.
Canceling lessons will need to be done 24 hours in advance otherwise payment will still be due.
Degree: MA (Hons) International Business Management with Enterprise from Heriot-Watt University.
Level: First Class
General Manager - Bath St Burger (1 year, 1 month)
This restaurant at the top of Bath St was my first venture in running a small business. I was responsible for the maintenance, performance and daily trading of the restaurant.
I brought together my own team, both front of house and kitchen staff. My team had been with me since the conception of the idea, the creation of the menu and the cleaning of the floors.
Worked with suppliers, coordinated marketing strategies and built partnerships with beneficiaries (University marketing departments, Cineworld shareholder meetings) I upheld relations with companies (Brewdog and Bacardi), met regu- larly to create new produce, set up events and tasters across the city and devised promotional strategies to fulfil new objectives.
At its peak, we were 21 strong, comprising of all ages, diversities and back- grounds. We managed to create a business that trades at over £500,000 a year, with less than 50 covers.
Harper Macleod LLP
- Gained valuable experience of the Scottish Legal system
- Studied numerous court cases, furthering my understanding of legislation
- Introduced to online data storage for files (Excel and other programs) and also the laws that come with customer data itself.
Western Tennis Club
- Volunteered for 2 months, coaching kid’s tennis and supervising them in day club.
Scotch Frost of Glasgow Ltd
- First time experiencing the internal operations of a profitable business.
- Improved my communication with employees and leant how to work effec-
tively in a team to solve problems and complete operational tasks.
Cafe Andaluz George IV Bridge - Assistant Manager
- Part of the opening team for one of the biggest and busiest restaurants in Ed- inburgh.
- Part of the management team that reached targets of up to £100,000 per week.
- Exposed to company pressures in reaching wage percentages, targets, staffing issues, interviewing, health and safety, training and maintenance of standards in a team of 60 employees.
Soup Kitchen Volunteer
- Volunteered on Monday evenings to help set up and run various stalls for those in different situations, whether homeless or deprived of quality living conditions in Glasgow.
- Listened to their stories and providing them with some human interaction.
Hazelwood School for the Sensory Impaired
- Worked with young adults with severe learning difficulties and disabilities - got involved in various activities such as band practice, mathematics and trampolining.
Interests and Skills Football and charity
4 years playing with the Heriot Watt University Football Team as well as playing for numerous teams from a young age. Took part in a club environ- ment such as this helped with meeting new people and learning how to work with others cohesively, even if it was in a sporting capacity.
Currently playing in a Glasgow charity league, raising money for homeless- ness in Glasgow as part of ‘see the invisibles’ campaign. The aim of our whole team is to reach targets and offer any clothing possible for those vul- nerable on our streets.
- Avid skier for 17 years, with 4 years participating in off-piste skiing with Alpine Experience.
- Played tennis competitively, participating in the LTA championship ladders in Scotland.
- Played for Kelvinside Academy Rugby team.
Young Enterprise winner
- Our Young Enterprise team organised an event at Strathclyde union, with up- coming and talented local bands participating for prizes and exposure. We brought in judges with experience in the industry and ended up making a profit from the event.
Academics and Extras
- Vast experience in word, excel and PowerPoint and other essential programs from Microsoft.
- Experience in web design
- Possess a United Kingdom Driver’s License.
- Premise and personal license holder.
Gregor has worked hard for everything he has achieved, whether whilst working for his degree or in the competitive buisness world. Compassionate and understanding to the needs of others and does everything with a positive outlook. Cant think of a better person to tutor.
Gregor volunteered and helped in my childcare centre when he was younger so I know he has the skills to motivate and teach anyone.
Child Development Officer
Gregor is an extremely reliable guy. He has a high level of education and is interesting and fun. I would trust gregor with my child again. They always seem to have fun whilst learning, and I think that is key
vocabulary - english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest written comprehension - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, written expression - english lessons for all!
Taking business english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|