Being a student myself I understand common pitfalls that other students tend to fall in - and through personal experience I know how to combat these. I want to offer students the best help they can without explicitly giving them solutions when they get stuck - instead guiding them with hints to find their own journey to the answer. Every student has different preferred styles to learning so I would always do my best to adapt my teaching style to suit each child. A common question is always "why do we need this in real life?", and I hope to be able to show students how to perform academically but also to understand the real life applications and uses of the subject as understanding that often brings a more motivated response to learning.
Hello, my name is Fiona and thank you for viewing my profile. I am currently studying mathematics at Warwick University where I am currently working at a first. I achieved all A*s at my a levels, a grade 2 in STEP and 9A*s and 2 As at GCSE level and just achieved 4As at my AS (including maths and further maths) levels. I study Mathematics at the University of Warwick which required 3A*s to get onto my course and I believe it has prepared me very well to have a deep and thorough understanding of many mathematical concepts.
Since the beginning of this year I have been tutoring students of various age groups and ability levels. I have received fantastic feedback and have thoroughly enjoyed working with the students and adapting to teaching in various styles.
£15 for Primary level.
£20 for KS3, GCSE level or for entrance exams.
£25 for A level.
Depending on distance, there may be a slight charge for transport.
UNIVERSITY OF WARWICK
MATHMATICS WITH INTEGRATED MASTERS
Graduating 2021 | First Year Final Grade: first class
Studying a range of mathematical modules including differential equations, linear algebra, analysis, probability, and geometry. Optionally studying physics modules including quantum mechanics and particle physics; and programming modules in MATLAB and Java.
KING EDWARD VI COLLEGE
Grad. June 2017
• 3A* A level qualifications in Mathematics, Further Mathematics and Physics.
• Grade 2 STEP qualification.
• 4A AS level qualifications in Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Physics and French.
THE DORMSTON SCHOOL
Grad. June 2015
• 9A*s (including Maths, English and Science) and 2As at GCSE level.
• Two level 3 qualifications in Statistical Methods and Algebra.
TUTOR | SELF EMPLOYED
Jan 2016 – Present
• Organised finding students and advertising myself without any external help.
• 5-star average feedback.
• Gained communication skills by working with a variety of students of different abilities and adapting my teaching style to appeal to each individually; working with ages ranging from 11 to 18.
• Tasks included creating worksheets for students, marking, proof-reading, and spending personal time to learn specifications I may not be familiar with.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking physics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£25||£25||Not available|
|5 hours||£100||£100||Not available|
|10 hours||£450||£450||Not available|