I think the best way is to discover the student's learning style, as everyone is different. From there I can adapt my approach based on what comes most naturally to each student, but I think regular repetition is important for virtually everyone and making sure the student participates as much as possible. I often prefer to create practice questions to make sure the student can apply what they've learnt.
My name is Matthew. I've been offering 1-on-1 lessons in maths and science since the start of this year and have been getting on well with many of my students. Maths is something I've always been natural in, and I believe I can explain the ins and outs of maths concepts well enough for most students to understand. I'm a pleasant and friendly individual and prefer to develop positive interactions with my students.
I have a Bachelors Degree in Biochemistry and Genetics (University of Nottingham) and a Masters in Cancer Cell and Molecular Biology (University of Leicester), as well as A levels in Maths, Physics, Human Biology, and Chemistry, and AAT levels 2 and 3 (accountancy).
I am an analytical, reliable, and resourceful person, with excellent problem solving skills and good time management. Accustomed to working on own initiative and as part of a team, I am able to interact effectively with people at all levels from a wide variety of backgrounds.
2011-2013 - Home Learning College
AAT levels 2 and 3
2009-2010 - University of Leicester
MSc Cancer Cell and Molecular Biology
2006-2009 - University of Nottingham
BSc Honours Biochemistry and Genetics (2nd degree 2nd division)
2004-2006 – Wellington School
A levels (Maths, Physics, Human Biology, Chemistry)
2001-2004 – Taunton School
9 GCSEs (including Maths and English)
2014 – Ongoing: Self-employed at Astronomic Games
• Developing indie video games for PC
• Currently have released 10 commercial games and many free ones
• Managing connections with artists, musicians, and a marketing agent
• Budgeting, setting development goals, and sticking close to self-appointed release deadlines
• Filling out and sending company’s tax returns
July 2014 – August 2014 : Kaldien Ltd
• Bookkeeping and data input on a part time basis
Feb 2014 – June 2014 : EDF Energy
• Analysing data extracted from databases
• Making performance reports and spreadsheets in Excel to put the data in a format that can be easily understood
• Comparing different sets of data, noting trends and unusual data spikes
• Communicating the information to relevant parties and providing advice where necessary
• Helping to train new staff members
Jan 2013–Jan 2014 : TCV
• Voluntary work
• Providing job search advice, training, and support
Aug 2011–Jul 2012 : Cotswold Hospital Radio
• Voluntary work
• Talking to patients at Cheltenham General Hospital, collecting song requests, and helping to run the radio program
Dec 2010 : Superdry
• Helped to dispatch clothing shipments from the warehouse for a few days before Christmas
Jul 2009–Aug 2009 : Gloucester Royal Hospital, Vascular Lab
• Voluntary work
• Assisted the doctors, worked with patients, carried out day-to-day administrative tasks
Jun 2007–Aug 2007 : Sainsbury’s
• Part-time work
• Stacking and dressing shelves during the night shift
2008-2009 - Vice President of Dodgeball Society at university
2004 - Merit in Website Designing Course
2002-2006 – Gold, silver and bronze awards in Mathematics challenges
SKILLS AND INTERESTS
Languages: Fluent in Russian
Software: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point), Jasc Paint Shop Pro/Photoshop, Wondershare Filmora
Hobbies: Video games design, Creative writing, Video making, Dancing, Exercising (running, martial arts, circuit training)
Perfect! Matt is a very good and very patient tutor. He is reliable and punctual. He spends a lot of time preparing specific work We think he gives excellent value for money. I am going to ask him to tutor my other son as well. I can recommend Matt for GCSE tutoring.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, arithmetic lessons for all!
Taking natural sciences lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|